Sound of Metal

Started by nomorecoffee, December 15, 2020, 08:24:02 AM

nomorecoffee

seen this film yesterday night, it's pretty great stuff. Riz Ahmed and Olivia Cooke are really terrific. was wondering what are your thoughts apropos

WorldForgot

It can be heartbreaking at times. Its structure echoes that of Assayas' CLEAN, while doing its own thing through very neat, isolating sound design. I've always had a jejune fear that ill lose one of my senses necessary to make or process cinema - the medium forms my drive and my anchor. Tho I know there is more to life than how i experience it now, it's a scary train of thought. But much of life iz learning.

Riz and Paul Raci are playing a duet of resolve and vulnerability. Lauren Ridloff as Diane, and her cast of students, absolutely shine.

A moving character piece and strong debut.

Alethia

The comparison to Clean - which I caught at Metrograph around the time of Personal Shopper's release, and sat in a puddle of tears throughout - coupled with my Dad's repeatedly expressed interest, puts this at the top of my short list of what to stream tonight as the snow piles up outside our window. My history with drums and sharing of WF's fear also factor in.