I Know This Much Is True

Started by Shughes, May 14, 2020, 08:14:49 PM

Shughes

You don't just give up on the people you love.

Based on the 1998 bestselling novel by Wally Lamb, adapted and directed by Derek Cianfrance, this limited series follows the parallel lives of identical twin brothers, played by Mark Ruffalo. A family saga, it tells a story of betrayal, sacrifice and forgiveness set against the backdrop of 20th-century America.

Great to see Cianfrance back and Ruffalo has never been better. Only the first episode has been released so far but this is cinematic storytelling at least on par with any of Cianfrance's previous films. Cianfrance directs all 6 episodes. Shot by Jody Lee Lipes (Manchester By The Sea).

jenkins

The Place Beyond the Pines director

Alethia

I interviewed for Script Coordinator on this show, would have had to move out of town for about 6-8 months last year which wouldn't have been feasible so eh it was all for the best.

Shughes

That would have been interesting. Though I don't think I could handle the jealousy of you working with Lynne Ramsay AND Derek Cianfrance.

Apparently they took a six week break in the shoot for Ruffalo to gain 30lbs to play one of the twins. I love that approach, and it seems to have paid off.

Drenk

The heavy performance aspect of American acting tends to annoy me, but Ruffalo is just good, you know, so I don't see him trying to hard or showing off. The first episode had a lot of great scenes. The story seems to pack all the woes of Earth inside one family, but I'm up for it...
Ascension.