Broad City

Started by polkablues, May 01, 2014, 03:11:47 AM

polkablues

This show is the closest America has come to achieving its own Peep Show. I don't say these words lightly (or type, whatever). It's pretty goddamn great.

My house, my rules, my coffee

©brad

It's sooooo good. My uncle works in a post-production studio in NYC and their writer's room was on their floor. He said those girls were awesome and always came by to bum/share weed.

I feel like this show does Girls better than Girls. Can't wait for next season.

diggler

It's too bad it gets swallowed up in the Comedy Central crap parade because it's a great show. It got a second season though so I bet it will catch on. It's more ridiculous than Girls but at the same time feels more honest? I don't know how they pull that off.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

©brad

Yeah I would agree. It might be an unfair comparison as they're very different in tone, but I feel Broad City tackles post-collegiate malaise in New York City in a funnier and more surprising way, with genuinely likable characters.

i saw some random snippets when it came out and it looked fucking stupid. i think it was the dude saying 'doing butt stuff' that did it for me. but everyone has been telling me to try it; so now with your vouch, i'm down to give it a shot.

polkablues

Quote from: diggler on May 01, 2014, 11:38:20 AM
It's too bad it gets swallowed up in the Comedy Central crap parade because it's a great show.

You know, Comedy Central's actually kind of knocking it out of the park lately. This, Key and Peele, Review (which is seriously amazing and you should all go watch it immediately), Workaholics, Nathan For You I like in small doses, likewise Kroll Show...  They've come a long way since the days of Secret Girlfriend, Blue Collar TV, and Kröd Mändoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire.
My house, my rules, my coffee

diggler

They still churn out some high octane crap (Brickleberry anyone?) but you're right, I've noticed an upswing. That Amy Schumer show has had a few good sketches as well, like this one: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ac9kui/inside-amy-schumer-a-very-realistic-military-game
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

cine

love me some Broad City. the replay value is ridiculous. one of my fav comedy shows right now.

Ravi

Great show. I want to see more. I was lukewarm to it for the first two episodes, but by the third, it clicked for me. Abbi's insane excursion to get the neighbor's package was brilliant.