justified

Started by pete, April 17, 2010, 04:04:27 PM

Mel

5x04 SPOILERS

"Midget shovel" - what a scene. Beginning was funny as it gets, then it turned into very dark moment - this roller-coaster continued (prayer, then family on trip). This is what I love "Justified" for. I could be wrong, but looks like in this season we will go to some dark places - at least Dewey is heading there.

Raylan is reckless - he not only engages is fights, but also pursues them. Won't be surprised if he eats one or few bullets, if not in this season, then in upcoming. Airfield is catching up with him - that doesn't sound too good for him. He had great one liner with dog named "Chelsea" in this episode.

So far I don't like Alison - from new characters, I much prefer Mara. Still there is something about her, that I miss.
Simple mind - simple pleasures...

Fuzzy Dunlop

Did anyone finish this series?

I just watched the whole thing in a month and don't have anyone to talk about it with. You can imagine my disappointment when this thread cut off halfway through Season 5, with no discussion at all of the excellent 6th season.

What happened was, I was browsing HBO Go and watched the first episode of Deadwood for the 3rd and 4th time, and remembered that Justified existed and figured I'd give it a shot. At first I wanted to get through it quickly, but by the final season I was sad to have so few episodes left.

Its true that the even-numbered seasons are best, but I love it all, I even loved Michael Rapaport's ridiculous accent in S5. There were just a murderer's row of great actors across the board on this show, as guest stars and series regulars -- Jeremy Davies, Sam Elliot, Character Actress Margo Martindale, Kaitlyn Dever, Jere Burns, Jim Beaver, the great Walton Goggins, and so many more.

It didn't blow my mind or anything, but damn if it wasn't hugely entertaining, satisfying TV.