The 2010 Xixax Awards: FINAL VOTE!

Started by MacGuffin, February 10, 2010, 11:40:30 AM

Stefen

I really think we should have a separate vote this summer for top 10 of the decade.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pas

Quote from: Stefen on February 15, 2010, 10:52:50 PM
I really think we should have a separate vote this summer for top 10 of the decade.

No man, it's DEKA this summer (I hope)

Or maybe we could do some kind of film Olympics... each country having a representant (or a couple depending on the country etc) and then a vote? we could figure it out... we need to get some high-brow stuff in there, some films some of us will have never seen

for petes sake

As P mentioned the trailer category is really solid this year.  Interesting to re-watch them now, knowing how the actual movie came out ('sides Inception).   Sure WTWTA is the most ebullient, but Up in the Air is most reflective of the film while still building intrigue.

Also, was anyone else struck by how much they de-gayed the Single Man trailer?  You'd think it was a straight up Firth/Moore romance with all Tom Ford's model friends in bit parts.  

polanski's illegitimate baby

yo i vote to like two different people yall,... does that mean like im stupid or sumthin?G
every time you find yourself reading this, think of other great things you could be doing... :)

picolas

you... sent your vote to two people? whoever wasn't me shouldn't count it, then.

follow-up question: are you high?

polanski's illegitimate baby

wait so do i send vote to different people for different categorieS yall? or do i send vote to names by the first letter of the last name of the winning director? do i mail it?
every time you find yourself reading this, think of other great things you could be doing... :)

polkablues

Quote from: picolas on February 19, 2010, 04:36:14 PM
you... sent your vote to two people? whoever wasn't me shouldn't count it, then.

Already disregarded, pic.  No worries.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

MacGuffin

Oh, stewardess, I speak jive.

Pol's baby said he'll have the fish.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

mogwai

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye