PTA on Fresh Air December 19th

Started by Ravi, December 18, 2007, 12:00:01 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: Ghostboy on December 20, 2007, 03:06:20 AM
The worst part was when she asked why no one ever said 'There Will Be Blood' in the movie. His answer was great.

"i'm just so sick of all this OIL! if someone doesn't clean it up, THERE WILL BE BLOOD"
under the paving stones.

Gamblour.

Normally she's really good at her interviews, but the other day she said she hated No Country for Old Men, soooooo....

She's also normally well researched. I'm not going to listen to this interview until after I see the movie, but how was she here? Seems not so much. She did an interview with the woman who directed The Savages recently, and was bringing up stuff the director was like, "How do you know that?!?" It'd be a shame if this wasn't as good.

There's always Charlie Rose...

Also, thank you for the spoilers notice.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: ©MBBrad on December 19, 2007, 04:59:42 PM
why isn't there food in the film?

I thought it was very food.

Quote from: ©MBBrad on December 19, 2007, 04:59:42 PMwhere did you get inspiration for the accidents/falls?

Oil = George Bush

Quote from: ©MBBrad on December 19, 2007, 04:59:42 PMbefore you did the fire scene, did you watch all your favorite fires from movies?

You know, I thought those flames looked like Backdraft ones and I was expecting DDL to tell Dano, "Check that door for heat?"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: Pubrick on December 20, 2007, 04:13:42 AM
Quote from: Ghostboy on December 20, 2007, 03:06:20 AM
The worst part was when she asked why no one ever said 'There Will Be Blood' in the movie. His answer was great.

"i'm just so sick of all this OIL! if someone doesn't clean it up, THERE WILL BE BLOOD"

"Upton Sinclair!"

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah. I don't think she was very interested in the movie. Note her general light-heartedness and desire for trivia.  PTA notices this, too. Then she throws up her arms and ends it. Compare this to her Magnolia interview.