The Fog (2005)

Started by MacGuffin, July 29, 2005, 08:26:14 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: October 14, 2005 Nationwide.  

Starring: Tom Welling, Maggie Grace, Selma Blair, DeRay Davis, Rade Serbedzija

Producer: John Carpenter

Directed by: Rupert Wainwright  

Premise: A thick fog enshrouds a coastal town. The fog is reminiscent of one 100 years earlier that wrecked a ship and drowned the seamen aboard. Sure enough, the sailors are back and out to kill whomever they find.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I dont know about this... scary movies lately suck... and especially remakes... but I'm interested in this for Tom Welling and Maggie Grace... as I'm a big fan of both Smallville and Lost

mogwai

i hope that john carpenter doesn't makes this suckier than his own recent movies.

Ghostboy

I've been anticipating a new movie from the director of Stigmata for six years. Ladies and gentlemen, the wait is over!

hedwig

context, context, context.

mogwai

i think crono won that round.

bonanzataz

Quote from: mogwaii hope that john carpenter doesn't makes this suckier than his own recent movies.

carpenter's movies have always been and will continue to be ahead of their time. i haven't seen escape from la, but i know it has its fans, and i know i really enjoyed vampires and ghosts of mars.

as for this fog remake. fuck that. what is up with all the fucking remakes, man? why do you have to destroy my favorite movies?

that having been said, i'll probably see it. i'm fairly lenient with horror movies. i didn't even think the texas chainsaw massacre remake was that bad (for what it was. in terms of quality, it doesn't touch the original. i was expecting a dumb slasher flick geared at teenaged audiences and i thought they did a good job with that).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Fernando

Quote from: mogwaii think crono won that round.

hahaha true, lately cron is da man...

Ghostboy

Quote from: bonanzatazi haven't seen escape from la, but i know it has its fans

I'm one of them. Granted, I haven't seen it since opening weekend in '96, but still...fond memories.