The Education of Charlie Banks

Started by MacGuffin, March 02, 2009, 11:51:01 AM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: March 27th, 2009 (limited)

Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Jason Ritter, Christopher Marquette, Sebastian Stan, Eva Amurri 

Directed by: Fred Durst 

Premise: Charlie Bank's sheltered world at his Ivy League campus is shaken when Mick, an old acquaintance with a violent past, unexpectedly shows up at his dorm room.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

why is jesse eisenberg only cast in movies set in the 80's? 

also:
IN A FILM BY FRED DURST

also also: this looks horrible.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

this should go on Empire's 500 Greatest Films of All Time list.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

SiliasRuby

This is a film that actually feels like a fred durst movie...I didn't say that was a good thing.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

socketlevel

just rented it, and i actually quite liked it.  i hate this piss outta anything limpbizkit, even when fred did that stuff with korn or other bands i thought it was shit.  but this movie works.  the three male leads are great, ritter down right amazing.  the last movie i saw of his was good dick in which he plays the polar opposite kind of character, showing his chops as an actor.  this guy really is a solid actor with a bright future.  His dad would be proud.

i know what you're thinking, but watch it.  even the music was restraint, and actually quite hypnotic. i would think the douchebag in Limp wouldn't be able to help himself.  but so not true, this is the antithesis of a Rob Zombie film; which comes across like his music.  both were douchebag rockers, one that now shows us a different side.  there were music cues that reminded me of the goblins doing argento, susperia comes to mind.  which might make you think wtf, but it really worked.  i'd love to DL the OST

EDIT - wow watched the trailer, that's piss poor, just rent the flick.
the one last hit that spent you...

SiliasRuby

Eisenberg does his usual thing in an unusually strange film. Jason Ritter is scary in an exceptional way. I don't want to reveal too much about it cause I feel once I start saying one thing about this film, it will all spill out. I wouldn't have expected this from Fred Durst. Really un-nerving film. Allot of this stuff got under my skin. But Certain points of this film made my heart beat faster. Maybe its just because some of this hits close to home.

My Collection

O.

But was it rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' ?
superb

SiliasRuby

My Collection

Reel

Tis' the year of bringing up old shit.

socketlevel

it was never discussed, i'm glad he's bringing it up because it should have been.
the one last hit that spent you...