Why, God, why?!? - Films That Should Not Get The Greenlight

Started by MacGuffin, February 07, 2003, 03:31:47 AM

MacGuffin

Van Sant Doing Another Psycho Remake?

Moviehole spoke to writer/director Gus Van Sant about his new film Gerry, starring Casey Affleck and Matt Damon, and the subject of yet another Psycho film came up.

While talking to Moviehole about his new film "Gerry", Gus Van Sant revealed that he is in talks to do another version of "Psycho".

"I'm thinking of remaking "Psycho" again. Doing a third remake. The idea this time is to really change it – we're talking about doing a Punk rocker setting. Viggo Mortensen suggested it. He was married to Exene Cervenka and knows all the right people to get involved – all the right punk rocker etc – so he would definitely be involved if we go ahead.", he says.

Van Sant previously directed a Psycho remake in 1998, with Vince Vaughn and Anne Heche. He also mentioned that his project with John Travolta, Standing Room Only, may still see the light of day down the road.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

xerxes

©brad

When I read the why god why title of this thread and saw that it was from MacGuffin- I knew it was going to be bad. So I clicked on it, and god damn, I didn't expect it to be this bad.

It was like when David Lynch was asked if he was interested in redoing Twin Peaks he said "God no. Why? It would be like reheating throw up. What's the point?"

Raikus

Quote"I'm thinking of remaking "Psycho" again. Doing a third remake. The idea this time is to really change it – we're talking about doing a Punk rocker setting.

Which will eventually bring about Psycho 4: The Deconstructionist. You see, the setting is the English department at a Ivy league college and a literature professor...
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

Well... I'm not as upset about it as everyone else and here's why:

He already did it once, the damage has been done.  If he wants to make retarded decisions and make himself look like an asshole, he can go ahead.

That being said, it is a complete disgrace and he should be hanged.

Duck Sauce

Absolutley not, this guy has no right to keep remaking it as though it was originally his own.

Cecil

xerxes

does he know that he's an idiot???

...maybe someone should let him know

Cecil

Quote from: xerxesdoes he know that he's an idiot???

...maybe someone should let him know

whats his number?

polkablues

Fortunately, this really sounds like one of those things that directors talk about, but that never happen.

Seriously, doesn't Gus Van Sant have anything better to do?
My house, my rules, my coffee

xerxes

Quote from: polkablues
Seriously, doesn't Gus Van Sant have anything better to do?

sadly, i don't think he does... look at him, he's always made other people's movies, not even in the sense that he doesn't write them but well, "good will hunting" was at heart the two kids' movie, "finding forrester" WAS "good will hunting."  and he remade "psycho" to show us all how much of a bastard he is. the guy is not even a good technical director.

...okay i think i got that off my chest.

life_boy

Well, I guess the bright side to this is at least he didn't decide to remake Vertigo.  Of course, I might be speaking too soon.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: life_boyWell, I guess the bright side to this is at least he didn't decide to remake Vertigo.  Of course, I might be speaking too soon.

Or another bright side is that it would keep him away from ruining and making other movies. He can make all the Psychos he want, nobody is going to take him seriously.

Pedro

QuoteSeriously, doesn't Gus Van Sant have anything better to do?

According to many sources...Gerry.  Haven't had the "priviledge" ro see it yet...however, the trailer makes it look quite beautiful.  I would be happy seeing Van Sant doing an experimental film...I like experimental film...but good experimental film, and I'm not sure if Van Sant is at the level yet...Well maybe I'll see it at SXSW or something....

Speaking of SXSW, anyone heard about that movie by Bob Odenkirk(of Mr. Show fame).  http://www.melvingoestodinner.com
If I remember correctly, Film Threat liked it...but they also gave The Two Towers 5 of 5 stars.

sphinx