Finding Neverland

Started by El Duderino, June 16, 2004, 09:17:22 AM

Kal

I like the old one better...

Gold Trumpet

I saw this again. Have to say it, but this film really is growing on me. The calculations are evident, still, of course, but the film is really good past that. My problem was I expected total art for the first viewing and it wasn't that. Its a really entertaining film and I was better prepared this time around. The worst thought is that I may even see it again and may even write a proper review.

Just sketching for now.

peaceisourprofession

i am not really sure what to say about this movie. I loved it, but its not the type of movie I am going to watch over and over again, because it made me cry just about all the way through.
i definitely feel it deserves an academy for at least one of the actors.
wow, this was a really shitty review. sorry.
"I choose the poverty of our poor people. But I am grateful to receive (the Nobel) in the name of the hungry, the naked, the homeless, of the crippled, of the blind, of the lepers, of all those people who feel unwanted, unloved, uncared-for throughout society, people that have become a burden to the society and are shunned by everyone." - Mother Theresa
excerpt from her nobel prize acceptance speech

Myxo

Finally saw this tonight and was disappointed.

One of 2004's best films of the year? No no no..

There were some really wonderful moments but as a whole I never felt compelled like I have in other Peter Pan movies. I know it's different than the traditional fantasy element in most Pan films but I was hoping for some magic. Instead of the movie being filled with joy it felt drab. Most of all, I won't ever sit and watch the entire thing again. For me, that makes it at best a bit better than average.

I thought Depp's performance was great, but nothing award worthy really.

Thrindle

I agree with you completley!  To me it was a luke-warm film that was far too manipulative.  I'm an asshole though, I cried anyways.
Classic.