Dark Horse

Started by wilder, November 29, 2011, 05:42:13 PM

wilder

jenkins

Saw this with three friends and we were all blown away and clapped at the end. I think it's his best suburban surrealism. And it made me feel tender.

Reel

Polka told me I could pre-order this over Amazon. This is what I got for $14.95

JG

there's a visual gag in this movie that is great - one of my favorite moments in a movie this year - and the kind of thing that i'm surprised hasn't been in a movie before. i won't spoil it, but def +1 if you can guess what it is.

Jeremy Blackman

Is it the relentless soft focus?

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

socketlevel

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on December 05, 2011, 12:47:54 AM
I am intrigued.

going way back with this quote. so what did you think in the end?
the one last hit that spent you...

Reel

are you kidding me? JB didn't see this. The thread would be 20 pages by now.

did you?

Jeremy Blackman

Not yet. After Life During Wartime, it wasn't worth the drive and $8 plus $4 parking to see this in the theater.

However, I am eager to see this on home video, as they say. I will report back in November.

socketlevel

Quote from: Reelist on September 22, 2012, 09:54:58 AM
are you kidding me? JB didn't see this. The thread would be 20 pages by now.

did you?

ya I saw it at Tiff two years ago. scroll back in this thread and you'll see my post about it after I did.

I liked it, though didn't love it like i usually do with his work. It's too far back to be able to remember the finer points sadly. I'll have to watch it again on video.

Reel

Damn, it's already two years old? Damn... It's my most anticipated film to see this year as of now. I rented it on itunes, but the shit wouldn't play, so I bitched about it and got a refund. I discovered that you can do this with anything, even if you've already used it. Pretty awesome loophole, they'll even give you free song credits if you make enough of a fuss, so there's that. I'm gonna find a way to watch it soon. PAY FOR IT, PEOPLE! Don't download it. Todd needs your help.

socketlevel

well two septembers ago, so more like a year and change.

Reel

It's on Netflix  Watch Instantly   FUCK YES!!!!

ono

I know there's like 17 different Dark Horse movies mentioned in this thread, but that's not the one I care about.