NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

phil marlowe

Quote from: SigurAnd how did you manage to fight it?
the power of will alone can kill a man

Quote from: jeremy blackmanThe problem is that it has infinite possibilities, and it's really an exponentially expanding game... so you could really spend every waking hour of your life playing it. It becomes a creative process.
the roof WAS reacable and i did reach it but like i said, it stole two years of my life. something about that just leves you unsatified.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Dirk(proximity mines in the facility anyone??)
ah...nice call...

I like the gernade launchers in the temple too.

Weak2ndAct

I'm currently playing Midnight Club 2, which is pretty nifty.

And even though it's incredibly simple, the Evil Dead game is worth checking out, just for Bruuuuuuuuuce's quips.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: phil marlowethe roof WAS reacable and i did reach it but like i said, it stole two years of my life. something about that just leves you unsatified.

Depends what the roof is. If you want to have a batch of cookie cutter characters, it's reachable, because you can see the limits of the conventions. I personally think it's fun to subvert all the conventions and make good characters that no one would expect.

Quote from: aclockworkjj
ah...nice call...

Remote mines in the bunker.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: aclockworkjj
ah...nice call...

Remote mines in the bunker.

..unarmed w/ liscence to kill in the archives......

phil marlowe

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanDepends what the roof is. If you want to have a batch of cookie cutter characters, it's reachable, because you can see the limits of the conventions. I personally think it's fun to subvert all the conventions and make good characters that no one would expect.
yes, i agree. It was allways the next step after you had your kick ass but boring characters, you made the obscure character which was more nutty that good, but fun none the less.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: phil marlowethe obscure character which was more nutty that good, but fun none the less.

But now the nutty characters are good (the fire trap assassin, the elemental druid, the skeleton necro).

Quote from: NEON MERCURY..unarmed w/ liscence to kill in the archives......

Automatics in the archives.

aclockworkjj

what about mega man?

mega man 8 for playstation got me through my junior year of high school.

SHAFTR

We want to talk classic...lets talk Tecmo Super Bowl for NES.  A game that I still to this day play quite a bit.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

SoNowThen

GTA3 is so wonderfully addicting, I spend hours just running people over and beating people to death and stealing cars.... just like I would in real life if I had the balls...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: aclockworkjjwhat about mega man?

mega man 8 for playstation got me through my junior year of high school.

...yeah mega man is mighty magnificant..i enjoy all of those games...

*dumb story*
..during the height of the mega man craze back in the days....this wierdo use to go around trying to act like he was the real mega man.(i guess he had problems..mental??).but anyway he was like character acting or something..he would even mimic the way megam man walked..and his vernacular.... :roll: ...imagine goiing out in public w/ this guy...He would always have this lazy eye thing going on and when people asked about it he would say ..::in a robotic voice::.."Lazy eye, Lazy eye..Dr. Wiley is a crazy guy"..

jeez louise ....that was phucked up!!!!!

Dirk

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanRemote mines in the bunker.

Yeah, good one. Golden gun in temple (did that once til' 4 in the morning with some people). Another good one: rocket launchers in the complex.

I love it.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: NEON MERCURY.here are some classics IMO....

all the final fantasies....i still even own the first cart. on nes
the metal gear games
goldeneye..and perfect dark...
tiger woods 2004...ncaa 2004... madden..2004
chrono trigger/cross
mario bros ...all of them
super metroid was killer...along w/ the olld one for nes..
tekken 4
gauntlet..
damn there's so many more i'm forgetting.....

You SO rock, dude.

GodDamnImDaMan

guys i am a proud owner of a PubeCube (Gamecube), Sex Box (X-box), and a PS2 (couldnt think of any fancy names...

Anyways i love ALL games, whether it be a GTA, Tekken, MADDEN, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, jesus...

::CREAMS PANTS::
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Just Withnail

THE best game ever produced is Lucasarts' Grim Fandango (Curse of Monkey Island is a close second). This is seriously better than 95% of evert single fantasy movie ever released. I cannot begin to explain the amount of shivers this game gives me.

The story in brief: Manny Calavera is a grim reaper/ travelling agent, selling travel packages that lead to your final resting place, quality of it depending on how you did back in life. Of course he gets framed and it evolves into a film noir/ fantasy story. And it's epic as heck! Man I get jazzed up just talking about it, and I just finished it for the second time a month ago. Which is the best part of it, it's just as good after you know the puzzles, even better, since you  get the story on it's own.

"An Epic Tale of Crime and Corruption in the Land of the Dead"
Lucasarts should team up with Lucasfilm and Pixar to make the movie.

Do yerself a favor and check out these links:
GrimFandango.net
Official Site