Inherent Vice - SPOILERS!

Started by MacGuffin, October 01, 2014, 02:10:50 PM

wilberfan

I may wade-in to
from r/paulthomasanderson
instead.   Way more manageable I suspect.   

Alethia

I'm all in for every second of this podcast. Every Friday in my immediate future shines a little brighter now...

wilberfan

Yeah, I'm not going to invest any more time in this one--although I would be interested any future episodes with dissenting guests.

Drenk

Quote from: wilberfan on November 16, 2019, 05:31:01 PM
Yeah, I'm not going to invest any more time in this one--although I would be interested any future episodes with dissenting guests.

Can you try to be invited?
Ascension.

wilberfan

Good idea.  I'll fill out an application...

jenkins

i would listen to Reddit PTA Founder Mad Shittalks Inherent Vice And Even Inherent Vice Admirers: Carnage, Mayhem, Candor

wilberfan

Quote from: jenkins on November 16, 2019, 05:54:35 PM
i would listen to Reddit PTA Founder Mad Shittalks Inherent Vice...

I'm a mod over at r/PaulThomasAnderson.  Who is this Mad of whom you speak?  Did he create the subreddit and then move on...?  Listening to naysayers would be very validating, but I should probably focus on enthusiasts for while (given my new agnostic stance on the film).  Preferably at a length a little less than 50+ hours...

Alethia

Episode 4 Increment Vice

https://incrementvice.com/episode-4

Yes yes I know y'all are over it but I'm still having fun...

PS this one features the female Wilberfan (disssssent)

Something Spanish

Eward, dude, I am all in on this podcast. Still only halfway through episode 2 but enjoying the fuck out of it. Their love for this movie mirrors my own in the most replicant of reflections. Episode 2 is excellent so far.

Alethia

One big criticism though, particularly for eps 3 and 4 - I don't know by what means they're recording these, but they need to step it up in terms of overall sound quality. I don't possess the knowledge to pinpoint exactly what is at fault here, but there are momentary drop-outs and static-y interruptions throughout that are very distracting. If I weren't already so invested, they'd probably become deal-breakers for me.

Drill

https://incrementvice.com/episode-25

I don't think anybody here has kept up with this podcast (I hadn't been), but Rian Johnson is the latest guest for the "Journey Through The Past" scene. I thought this episode would be of particular interest.

Alethia

I've kept up! And have been awaiting this ep. in particular ever since it was teased on Johnson's twitter some weeks back.

Alethia

FWIW, latest episode hints that PTA himself will be making an appearance somewhere down the line.

Drenk

What about Pynchon? Weirder things are happening.
Ascension.