Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson (10th feature, TBA)

Started by Montclair, September 21, 2021, 09:35:17 PM

Lots of Bees

Do you guys think a 2024 release date for this is possible? It seems like post might take a while with all the VFX shots, but if they finish by April let's say, that still gives them 6 months at least to finish the movie and get it out this year. Too quick a turnaround?

Heisenberg

Phantom Thread accomplished this, but that was also a chamber drama while this one seems like a much more elaborate production. I think summer 2025 is more likely, following a Cannes premiere. Or maybe a SXSW premiere followed by a release date close to 4/20 given the subject matter (if it's Vineland).

Find Your Magali

I know we all will want to see, but they'd be bonkers not to release it in the October-December prestige window. So probably late 2025. More commercial than most PTA films, perhaps, but certainly not commercial enough to put up against a slate of popcorn films.

Find Your Magali

Finally landing DiCaprio after all these years ... and then giving him a makeover to look like Steven Ogg is certainly a choice.

(I say this with love -- don't flame me!)

Lots of Bees

Quote from: Find Your Magali on February 01, 2024, 05:31:07 PMFinally landing DiCaprio after all these years ... and then giving him a makeover to look like Steven Ogg is certainly a choice.

(I say this with love -- don't flame me!)

Yeah lol I would love to see DiCaprio look cool again in a movie one day - he's still a good looking dude but slowly getting up there... I thought he was great in Killers for example but it's weird seeing him as such a loser. Doesn't quite quite feel right for him. (not saying he's a bad fit for this film at all though, I love the set pics we've seen so far)

RudyBlatnoyd

Personally, I think DiCaprio is at his best when playing buffoons and idiots, not cool guys. I think his strongest performances are in The Wolf of Wall Street, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and Killers of the Flower Moon. He has a gift for comedy.

Vicko99

sheets from upcoming filming in Sac and Stockton mentions a jail and a courthouse...I don't remember those in Vineland?

Heisenberg

Apparently, they're also going to Texas. Does any part of Vineland take place in Texas?

SaunchSmilax

Y'all gotta redefine your definition of screen adaptation. Tom Bombadil ain't in TLOR...does that mean it's a loose adaptation?
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

Vicko99

Quote from: Heisenberg on February 02, 2024, 01:09:32 PMApparently, they're also going to Texas. Does any part of Vineland take place in Texas?

it could just be used to recreate the town

DAPPLE

But I mean, damn, booking Teyana Taylor is crazy... the hype is real what even is this movie man

max from fearless

Freakin love seeing Wood Harris who is incredible, get to play in the PTA sandbox. PTA don't give a fckkkkkk. This is why I get hyped for this boy. His projects are singular af, no pandering to who's hot who's not. There's no fear in our boy! Wishing them all the best for this shoot. WTF is this movie!?!?!

Heisenberg

Quote from: Vicko99 on February 02, 2024, 02:04:31 PM
Quote from: Heisenberg on February 02, 2024, 01:09:32 PMApparently, they're also going to Texas. Does any part of Vineland take place in Texas?

it could just be used to recreate the town

I was kinda hoping it meant he was going back to Marfa. Imagine the TWBB landscapes in VistaVision.

Find Your Magali

There's at least a 5% chance he just calls the movie "BC Project," right?