Marriage Story

Started by wilder, August 20, 2019, 01:35:21 PM

jenkins

i'm team The Souvenir, myself, yeah

i don't think this movie's best sequence is the fight scene. i actually think the fight sequence is blah. stagey and then some. i think the best sequence is
Spoiler: ShowHide
with the court appointed observer and the knife joke gone wrong, "i'm tired"

WorldForgot

Should be in spoiler tags perhaps?
Maybe I'm the only one who cares, but, you know. Conversations re;scenes can be had that aren't so explicit.

jenkins

you would not be able to piece the scene together based on what i said, so that's not spoiler explicit to me

WorldForgot

I'm a curtains drawn before showtimes kinda viewer.

jenkins

so you would stay out of a thread discussing a movie you haven't seen i imagine

i'll just drop the spoiler safety everything is fine

Robyn

Quote from: jenkins on December 10, 2019, 02:02:03 PM
i don't think this movie's best sequence is the fight scene. i actually think the fight sequence is blah. stagey and then some. i think the best sequence is
Spoiler: ShowHide
with the court appointed observer and the knife joke gone wrong, "i'm tired"

that scene made me laugh and triggered my anxiety at the same time

Drill

This kind of sucked. I'm never going to like Baumbach it seems. Charlie is the most overwritten character I can recall in a while. I didn't buy Driver as a divorced father either.

jenkins

it's funny because i never thought about if he could be that person and now i totally see what you're saying

ForTheHungryBoy

Quote from: Drill on December 11, 2019, 11:31:48 AM
This kind of sucked. I'm never going to like Baumbach it seems. Charlie is the most overwritten character I can recall in a while. I didn't buy Driver as a divorced father either.
Noah wants Driver to emulate himself, but I do get how the whole bicoastal playwright genius bit is kinda alienating/cheesy

WorldForgot

Alethia

Robyn

thanks!

was searching for it the other day

wilberfan