Film Trailers

Started by Recce, February 07, 2003, 10:43:14 PM

kassius

Hmm. The worst that I can remember??? "Free Willy". 8) The movie didn't do much for me, but I was dragged into the threatre being young.  I just remember seeing the previews, earlier that summer, where it showed everything from the kid meeting the whale, the whale being stolen, the whale being rescued, and the whale being freed.  I figure, why even watch the movie... I got the entire story from start to finish.  Even CBS' 60 Minutes did a special on it, and movie trailers in general, and just about went off on how dumb it was.  :roll:

The best??? Not sure. Maybe "Magnolia" or "American Beauty"... look closer. Gotta love it!

modage

a facinating terrifying interview with a guy who works at a 'Trailer House' that makes me never want to watch a trailer EVER again.  (for P).

http://www.hollywoodbitchslap.com/feature.php?feature=1443
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

I liked that interview but the interviewer didn't really seem to get the point.  he kept on asking the same questions with his snide moral higher ground, a damn shame when he had such a good opportunity to ask other questions.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

Quote from: pete on January 05, 2006, 08:46:14 PM
I liked that interview but the interviewer didn't really seem to get the point.  he kept on asking the same questions with his snide moral higher ground, a damn shame when he had such a good opportunity to ask other questions.

The guy does go on and on about quotes, but it is a fun read.  I liked the story about them videotaping audience reactions to Ella Enchanted and the homeless guy who watched the movie and complemented the special effects.