I Am Legend

Started by MacGuffin, January 14, 2007, 12:07:50 PM

polkablues

So I guess this flick made about ten billion dollars over the weekend.  I still don't care.
My house, my rules, my coffee

JG

i had so much fun with this one, but you have to see it during opening weekend or just forget it.  its all about seeing it with a ridiculous crowd.

SPOILERS I GUESS BUT I MEAN WHO REALLY CARES

i loved how every time will smith was in trouble whatever was needed to maximize the drama or help big willy out was conveniently placed RIGHT there.  like at the end, there happened to be a grenade and a picture of his family in some random drawer in the basement!?!  too perfect..

END SPOILERS I GUESS

it made me want to listen to bob marley which is more than any other movie this year can say. 

grand theft sparrow

And did anyone else catch the Batman vs. Superman poster in Times Square?  I can't remember if the release date was 5/15/09 or 5/15/10.  A gag for fanboys or a promise of things to come?

RegularKarate

Quote from: JG on December 16, 2007, 04:31:20 PM
it made me never want to listen to bob marley again which is more than any other movie this year can say.

yikes... that element was atrocious

it was watchable, but the movie was basically ruined by any use of dialogue... it was so awful and the ending was miserably forced.

the character effects were really crummy, but everything else was actually pretty good.  I haven't been able to find much on the effects (probably because I didn't look THAT hard), but it looked like they used a lot of really great miniatures for new york and just super imposed smith driving around in the miniature.

Dark Knight trailer was ten times better than this movie.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: RegularKarate on December 19, 2007, 04:38:02 PM
the ending was miserably forced.
YES! YES! YES! So forced it made me sick! And while it gave me some amazing jolts, and cool moments of will smith alone in new york it fell flat just a bit and one of my relatives said that it broke a rule by killing the dog..."When you make a movie Michael, make sure you don't kill the dog, even if the dog turns into a vampire"
I just laughed and sighed.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

pete

can someone PM me the ending of this and the ending of Omega man?  I am like really curious now. 
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

edison

MacGuffin

WB plans 'I Am Legend' prequel
Will Smith, Francis Lawrence to return for film
Source: Variety

Warner Bros. has set in motion a prequel to the Will Smith starrer "I Am Legend."

The plan is for Smith to reprise his role as scientist Robert Neville, with Francis Lawrence returning to direct. Akiva Goldsman and his Weed Road banner will produce with James Lassiter, Smith's partner in Overbrook Entertainment.

The studio has set D.B. Weiss to write a script that is based on a detailed outline that was hatched over the past few months by Smith, Goldsman, Lassiter and Lawrence.

The prequel will chronicle the final days of humanity in New York before a man-made virus caused a plague that left Smith's character the lone survivor among a mutated mob in the city.

Making a prequel was the only way to extend a franchise that grossed $584 million worldwide for Warner Bros. and keep Smith in the lead role. His character was killed in the first film, after extracting a potential cure for the virus for the scattered survivors.

Weiss at present is scripting the adaptation of Neil Strauss' book "The Game" for Spyglass Entertainment. He's also working on a project for Relativity, "Kashmir."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks