Edited Re-releases

Started by BonBon85, February 26, 2003, 09:26:26 PM

BonBon85

Tonight they played the South Park where they talk about rereleases and how it's wrong. I just wanted to hear everybody's thoughts about directors "updating" their films for modern audiences.

I agree with the South Park kids. If it was ok for Elliot to "penis breath" in the 80's it's ok for him to say it now.

bonanzataz

He does say it now. That was just a rumor that they were going to cut it out. It's the guns into flashlights thing that bugs me.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

He still says 'penis breath'. The only line I know that was changed was: "No, you cannot go as a terrorist" to "No, you cannot go as a hippie" in the Halloween scene.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Im pretty liberal when it comes to my views about this. If the movie turns out to be better (none come to mind) then fine, but if they fuck it up I can criticize how not to touch something that is already made.

About ET, taking out the guns was a terrible move. Nowadays kids movies have to be so sheltering, there is nothing to be afraid of.

ReelHotGames

Here's the thing, in many ways the director is right, we get director's cuts all the time, so what is the difference in adding effects changing dialogue etc... It's "their" film so they can do what they want....

BUT and I do have a big but here - my qualm is with DVD and the capabilites of it, we should have the option of what version we want to see, much like ET's DVD where you get both versions of the film, I appreciate that.

I dread the thought of not being able to see the Star Wars I saw when I was 7 years old, the Jedi of my teens, the updated versions are fine for what they are, and if Lucas lovesa them great, but I don't love them, not the way I love the originals. It's my childhood, it's a tanglible memory that the others don't ellicit.

So updates are fine, as long as the originals are preserved and the choice is available for the viewer.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

bonanzataz

Quote from: cecil b. demented

NO FUCKING WAY! Is this for real? I've been waiting for this dvd for 4 years.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

GodDamnImDaMan

that movie was oddly good....kinda like my posts....
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz