►Top 25 of the 00s◄

Started by Stefen, September 23, 2009, 10:26:47 PM

Stefen

New Feeling along with 72 teeth is tied for funniest poster on this site.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

New Feeling

that's as sincere a top 4 as I could make although I must admit it was hard to order them.  They had the greatest emotional effect on me of all the films I listed, and I find them personally inspiring in ways I find few works of art, despite being quite inspired by a large amount of art.   All I know is there is no greater rush than the rush I felt when seeing these movies for the first time.

I honestly don't understand what it is that you guys think invalidates QT's work.  Someone please explain.

Robyn

COUSE IT'S JUST EMPTY AND MENINGLESS VIOLENCE NO FUCK DEEP HE'S A FUCKING USELESS COPYCAT WHO STEAL FROM FUCKING EVERYTHING :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

also, he masturbate to his own feet

with best regards
qthater88

New Feeling

RegularKarate

I'm not as harsh on Tarantino as others, but the fact that you put Grindhouse there and that the only one in your top four that wasn't QT was Irreversable shows you probably have a fanboy loyalty or just love style over substance.

it's kind of meatheady.

also, he masturbate to his own feet

Pozer

Stefen

I like irreversible. I don't think it's all style over substance. Visually, perhaps, but it's narrative adds another dimension.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

cronopio 2

no order, i'm picking these for what they did to push cinema forward, whatever that means:

synecdoche, new york
the royal tenenbaums
25th hour
roger dodger
the tulse luper suitcases part 1 : the moab story
in the loop
tie: gangs of new york- the aviator
downfall
the dark knight
w.
the fountain
where the wild things are
ratatouille
once
before sunset
waking life
children of men
district 9
zodiac
the man who wasn't there
dogville
invictus
grizzly man
memento

this list was done instinctively and in very few minutes but i'm pretty comfortable, cos those are 25 movies i can watch again and again and again

Pas

Surprising list. Definitely some stuff in there I've never seen though remember seeing the box at the video store. (Waking life, Roger Dodger, the other long title)

WTF with Invictus though. that film in no way pushed cinema forward. It totally blew (not my mind)

Gold Trumpet

Stefen

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopio 2 on April 27, 2010, 04:52:53 PM
invictus

i'm convinced this was a typo.

so, with that in mind, good list.

shame about the typo..
under the paving stones.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Gold Trumpet

From my blog, my top 10 of last decade. Post is short but each film has a link to a review specifically written for the occasion.

http://filmsplatter.wordpress.com/2010/06/05/top-10-2000-2009-w-links/