Criterion News and Discussion

Started by Gold Trumpet, January 16, 2003, 06:18:19 PM

samsong

the arbitrariness of life during wartime's inclusion (ifc) makes it that much more infuriating that the president of criterion said they won't be releasing certified copy as he considers it "minor kiarostami."  meanwhile tiny furniture will be getting a release.

glad though that satyajit ray has been inaugurated.  the music room is a great film.

Stefen

Excited about High and Low being issued on blu-ray. :bravo: I bought both editions of the DVD. I'll buy the blu-ray too. Easily my favorite Kurosawa.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

This is all I see when I look at these covers.

My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

Exactly. I thought Criterion was above this shit.

Sidenote: I lost a box of DVDs during my move. I think I'll claim insurance. I can't remember how many Criterion blu rays I had. Surely a lot.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Pas on April 16, 2011, 12:35:36 AM

Sidenote: I lost a box of DVDs during my move. I think I'll claim insurance. I can't remember how many Criterion blu rays I had. Surely a lot.

Blu Ray logo just appears on the wrapping. It doesn't appear on actual cover when you unwrap the DVD.

Ravi

The Music Room (Jalsaghar) is a favorite of mine. I hope they release other Ray films as well. The Apu Trilogy would be the obvious choice, but Charulata, Devi, hell, any other Ray film, would be welcome as well. I've never been able to see any of his documentaries, so I'd love to see those too, even as extras on other films.

Pas

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on April 16, 2011, 12:41:57 AM
Quote from: Pas on April 16, 2011, 12:35:36 AM

Blu Ray logo just appears on the wrapping. It doesn't appear on actual cover when you unwrap the DVD.

oh ok, phew. Makes sense.

martinthewarrior

Fernando

guys, can you watch the following link and tell me what's the song in the background??? I'm sure it's very well known but I just can't remember the damn thing.

it's a vid from artist ralph steadman doing the fear and loathing font title.

http://www.criterion.com/current/posts/1838-ralph-steadman-to-the-letter

Champion Souza

Reel

Theres some pretty good Verhoeven fake Criterions:

some others:

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

squints

Quote from: squints on May 03, 2011, 03:33:47 AM
you have the worst taste in everything. I'm sorry, but you do.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Jeremy Blackman

polkablues

I would settle for a good real Criterion.
My house, my rules, my coffee