Invasion

Started by MacGuffin, September 22, 2005, 06:04:27 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin:yabbse-thumbdown:

Give it a couple weeks.  It's not the setup that matters, it's where they go from here.
My house, my rules, my coffee

RegularKarate

No, it's the fact that it's poorly written, the acting sucks, and it's just plain boring.

polkablues

Hm.  Maybe I went in with lowered expectations, but it didn't seem that bad to me.  Granted, the directing wasn't up to Tommy Schlamme's usual standards, and I wanted to kick that little girl a few times, but still... not that bad.
My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

It was so full of sloppy spoken exposition. The characters had no personality, and were so easily swayed in thinking something strange was happening with very little proof to go on. Granted, Day After Tomorrow was mindless, but the opening felt like a brain-dead version of that film without the popcorn fun. I didn't have high expectations, but I at least wanted to be entertained.

The aliens will have no trouble taking over this stupid human race.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MacGuffinGranted, Day After Tomorrow was mindless, but the opening felt like a brain-dead version of that film without the popcorn fun.

I had a similar thought concerning Day After Tomorrow when watching the first 10 minutes of this.  After setting up the cop and his doctor ex-wife fighting over the kids for 10 minutes, I got bored and tuned out. Good to know my instincts were right.