eternal sunshine de l'mind spotless..

Started by Satcho9, February 03, 2003, 10:15:53 PM

tpfkabi

Quote from: SubstanceDCharlie Kauffman = Philip K Dick?

Anyone else notices alot of similarities in Kauffman's stuff and that of author Philip K Dick. Especially in the title of this one Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Confessions of a Dangerous Mind?

it definitely is prob an influence. he was hired to do an adaptation of Dick's (haha) Scanner Darkly. apparently they didn't like his work on it though and they're not going to use it.
i read that at beingcharliekaufman.com.......or whatever it is
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ludovico

Quote from: bigideas
he was hired to do an adaptation of Dick's (haha) Scanner Darkly. apparently they didn't like his work on it though and they're not going to use it.

a scanner darkly is a phillip k dick novel about a narcotics agent who persues a drug addict who turns out to be the agent's alter ego. another personality of the same person. given that the script kaufman produced was rejected, i am assuming that donald kaufman's 'the three' is intended to mock the absurdity of darkly's concept.
"I'm successful, right? I mean, I could say to a woman, I'm a screenwriter and she'd look at me differently. I could get laid. But I want someone to like me. For me. Y'know? The way I like them. The way I'd do anything for that woman walking down the street. A million women walking down the street. I don't need to know what their jobs are. No one will ever love me like that. Like I love almost every woman I see."
      - Charlie Kaufman

Join my Mob!

Pubrick

Quote from: ludovicoi am assuming that donald kaufman's 'the three' is intended to mock the absurdity of darkly's concept.
u are winner.

a scanner darkly is really good tho. the difficulty in adapating it as kaufman points out is that a lot of it is about what isn't seen, and at the same time there is no real payoff. so even tho it's in his range, if he's like Dick, he won't be doin it for a while.
under the paving stones.

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: The Silver BulletI felt that he didn't know how to direct the film until the third act.

I felt the opposite way. I felt everything was perfect until that horrible third act which completely ruined the film for me.

Pedro

Quote from: EL__SCORCHO
Quote from: The Silver BulletI felt that he didn't know how to direct the film until the third act.

I felt the opposite way. I felt everything was perfect until that horrible third act which completely ruined the film for me.
:shock:

Did you get the joke?   Or did you get it and not appreciate it?

tpfkabi

does anyone visit the Being Charlie Kaufman site? i think they changed addresses, my bookmark doesn't work...could someone link me please? thanks

Pubrick

Quote from: bigideasdoes anyone visit the Being Charlie Kaufman site? i think they changed addresses, my bookmark doesn't work...could someone link me please? thanks
http://www.beingcharliekaufman.com
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

thanks for the link. guess i should have tried the obvious
=)

The Silver Bullet

QuoteDid you get the joke?

I hate the way that the moment someone says they disliked the third act of Adaptation, the supporters attack said person's intelligence with, "Did you even get it?"
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Pedro

Quote from: The Silver Bullet
QuoteDid you get the joke?

I hate the way that the moment someone says they disliked the third act of Adaptation, the supporters attack said person's intelligence with, "Did you even get it?"

I didn't mean that in an attack-like tone, and I realize some people do say it that way. Text cannot convey what my mind means to say.

sphinx

hold on.  hold on.

did they just change the title to admiring kate?  did they just change the title to admiring kate?

i want to die, now.  i want to die.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: sphinxhold on.  hold on.

did they just change the title to admiring kate?  did they just change the title to admiring kate?

i want to die, now.  i want to die.

nope...

http://www.admiringkate.com/

whew

Stringstroker

OK, can someone send me the script (or a link for it)  I can't get the original link to work.
"This is funny.  This is nice."
-Barry Egan

MacGuffin

Quote from: StringstrokerOK, can someone send me the script (or a link for it)  I can't get the original link to work.

It's a PDF file:
http://wave.prohosting.com/dabrast2/eternal-sunshine-script.pdf
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stringstroker

"This is funny.  This is nice."
-Barry Egan