Swagger

Started by Rooty Poots, December 21, 2021, 12:16:58 AM

Rooty Poots

Easily my favorite new show of 2021, but nobody seems to be talking about it, so I thought I'd try and get the word out. It's great. I just finished watching Season 1 for a second time because I wanted my parents to watch it, and my 79 year old mom—who hates basketball—said it's her favorite show she's ever seen.

Give it a watch. It touches on a lot of current issues far more successfully than most attempts.

Also, as someone who takes after my mom with her disinterest in basketball, I've gotta say, these kids are like magicians on the court.

Catch it on Apple TV+.

https://youtu.be/87A_aLJOY4g
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

polkablues

The trailer is giving me mixed feelings (it feels like every line of dialogue is a trope or a platitude), but I love a good sports show, so I'm willing to give it a shot.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Axolotl

I was hoping this was a gritty origin story for Mark Wahlberg's character in Shooter.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: polkablues on December 21, 2021, 12:25:48 AM
The trailer is giving me mixed feelings (it feels like every line of dialogue is a trope or a platitude), but I love a good sports show, so I'm willing to give it a shot.
It's definitely not free of tropes, but it just as often subverts them, plus there are so many storylines woven in—most non-sports-related—and so many fully fleshed-out characters that it's easy to give a pass to the occasional trope. It easily surpasses Friday Night Lights, IMO. I wish Apple would push this show hard. Ted Lasso steals up all the attention and then other deserving shows like this and For All Mankind get almost nothing.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco