marvel movies

Started by underdog, January 30, 2003, 11:26:40 AM

Cecil

comic books are cool.

i like sin city and sandman

Derek

Quote from: BonBon85
Quote from: Duck SauceTalk about overdoing the comic book super hero genre.

Yeah, I agree. I don't really get why a lot of the directors I love (i.e. Aronofsky) are turning to these movies that will probably end up being exactly like one another regardless of how complex they try to make the character. I've never liked super hero movies or been into comics. I guess it's a guy thing.

Who can't handle a couple of super-hero movies in a year? It's not like you have to see them.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

polkablues

Quote from: cecil b. dementedcomic books are cool.

i like sin city and sandman

If they ever come up with a decent script for a "Sandman" movie (the draft I read on the internet sucked ass), and get it made by a decent director, I would go see it ten times.

I'm also looking forward to Guillermo Del Toro's "Hellboy".  It's the role Ron Perlman was born to play.
My house, my rules, my coffee

underdog

who is the sandman anyways? ?? :?:  :scatter:
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

underdog

Quote from: MacGuffinSmall tidbit about Spiderman 2:

The Amazing Spider-Man: Zentertainment reports that Jake Gyllenhall ("Donnie Darko") will cameo as Kletus Kasady in the second film, setting himself up for a bigger role alongside 'Venom' in the third movie.

this should this make a movie on Vemon... screw spiderman..lol
:fadein:
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

bonanzataz

Quote from: underdog
Quote from: MacGuffinSmall tidbit about Spiderman 2:

The Amazing Spider-Man: Zentertainment reports that Jake Gyllenhall ("Donnie Darko") will cameo as Kletus Kasady in the second film, setting himself up for a bigger role alongside 'Venom' in the third movie.

this should this make a movie on Vemon... screw spiderman..lol
:fadein:

Gyllenhall pisses me off.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

Your avatar pisses me off

bonanzataz

suck it RK. suck it long and hard. Buddy Holly will eat you and your unborn children.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

Buddy Holly looks like an unborn child.

Those fuckin' pearly whites are about to be bloody browns.
I'll soon have some famous teeth in my boots.

that or I'm gonna need another monitor soon

Raikus

PTA alum cast as "Doc Ock" in Spider-Man 2.

-----

Alfred Molina is Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2!
Wednesday, February 19, 2003 7:21 CST

Alfred Molina (Frida, Identity) will join Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco in Columbia Pictures' highly anticipated sequel to Spider-Man, it was announced today by Amy Pascal, Chairman of Columbia Pictures.

Molina will portray Spider-Man's new archenemy "Doc Ock" in the second installment to Columbia Pictures' 2002 worldwide phenomenon Spider-Man, which grossed more than $820 million worldwide and became the fifth highest grossing movie in U.S. history. Spider-Man is based on the classic Marvel Comic book series.

The sequel will reunite the cast and filmmakers from the original blockbuster, including Maguire, Dunst, and Franco along with director Sam Raimi, and producers Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad. Columbia Pictures co-president of production Matt Tolmach is overseeing development of the project for the studio.

Raimi will begin principal photography in April and the new film will be released in 2004.

"Alfred Molina has a remarkable facility for everything from classic drama to mainstream comedy and he is the ideal choice for 'Doc Ock,'" said Pascal. "We wanted an actor that would bring irresistible depth and dimension to this role and we are all tremendously excited to be working with Alfred."
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

joke08

I think comic books make good / fun movies because they are such a classic form of storytelling PLUS they lend themselves to interpretation so the writers can have poetic license and change things, making them more suitable for cinema.
i've been drinking more wine lately.
it's good for you pop.
yeah, well anyway, i've been drinking more wine
(vito to michael, Godfather I)

Tommy Both

MARVEL just rules. DC sux.

MacGuffin

Werewolf by Night Scribe on Board

Variety reports that Dimension Films has set Oscar-nominated screenwriter Robert Nelson Jacobs (Chocolat) to write Marvel Comics' Werewolf by Night adaptation.

"Night," a comic series that originated in the '70s, revolves around a guy who tries to accept and live with the curse that transforms him into a wolflike beast during a full moon.

"It is our aim to bring the werewolf genre to mainstream audiences in the same character-driven way we have done with our other superhero films," said Marvel Studios' Avi Arad, who will executive produce. "'Werewolf by Night' is at its core a beautiful love story reminiscent of the great Shakespearean tragedies. It needs the meticulous heartfelt crafting that Robert Nelson Jacobs is known for."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

I know this is the Marvel movies thread, but...

Princes Bride Scribe is Writing Shazam!

Variety reported this morning that New Line Cinema has hired veteran screenwriter, comic fanatic and two-time Oscar winner William Goldman ("Dreamcatcher") to write Shazam!.

"I started collecting comics in 1938," Goldman said. "I was a lunatic comicbook lover, and I had everything. (This project) is a big deal for me. I hope I don't screw it up."

Slated for a Christmas 2004 or summer 2005 release, the film will be the first comic book adaptation for Goldman, whose credits also include "Misery." He won the Oscar for 1969's "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" and for 1976's "All the President's Men."

In December, New Line acquired from DC Comics the feature rights on the 60-year-old title, in which mild-mannered Billy Batson discovers that he can call on the powers of an ancient Egyptian wizard, Shazam, and thereafter undertakes heroic exploits.

The Shazam! name is an acronym for six gods and heroes of the ancient world: the wisdom of Solomon, strength of Hercules, stamina of Atlas, power of Zeus, courage of Achilles and speed of Mercury.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

oakmanc234

I think 'The Hulk' will be the best film of the three. It's got Bana, Connelly & Lee. I'm pretty dissapointed in the Hulk's FX but I'm sure it will all work out in the movie.
'Daredevil' looks average. OK. Fine. Nothing spectacular.
'X2' looks very cool. More characters. More action. More conflict.

By the way, has anybody seen Eric Bana's 'Chopper'. It's Australia's 'Raging Bull'. In another words, it's excellent. Sick, but excellent.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'