Undeclared

Started by Ravi, August 17, 2005, 08:55:31 AM

Ravi

I only saw one or two episodes of Undeclared when it was on but I don't remember anything about them.  Is this a good show to catch up on now that the DVD is out?

meatwad

its a lesser freaks and geeks, but it has its moments.

if you want to buy the dvd, buy it soon while its on sale, before the jack up the price to like $60

polkablues

I plan on buying it.  More of a straight comedy than "Freaks and Geeks", but some great actors, great characters, great writing.  Yeah, it's worth it.  Besides, the DVD set has a full-length Loudon Wainwright III concert on it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

GoneSavage

Quote from: polkabluesBesides, the DVD set has a full-length Loudon Wainwright III concert on it.
That's good news for my dad.

modage

i watched it when it was on, but had not seen Freaks and Geeks at the time.  after watching F&G, nothing can compare but this is the next best thing.  its great.  i posted a bunch of recent stuff in the Freaks&Geeks thread about it and will post here after my dvd shows up in the mail and i get to re-watch them.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ABKman18

yep, its on the way, just ordered it from amazon.  can't wait!  seriously, Fox should have given this a better chance.  I think Judd Apatow has learned his lessons with The Ben Stiller Show, Freaks and Geeks, and Undeclared; Larry Sanders Show was his only show to last more than one season and it was on HBO.

GoneSavage

This was a decent show that had its moments.  Unfortunately I was expecting more of a Freaks and Geeks quality/style which it wasn't.  It was just a lighthearted Fox comedy.  I'm glad cancelled shows with cult followings are making their way onto DVD though.  Gives me a glimmer of hope to see Austin Stories, The Maxx, or The State on DVD eventually.

Stefen

It was pretty good. It has Monika Keena who is some prime tail.

It alwyas seemed to me that I was very uncomfortable when watching it. Like kind of shying away from what was happening. Freaks and geeks was the same but it was in a coming of age type way that was refreshing.

I'll be buying the dvd as soon as I can get some moola. It's quality and better than all the other shows around.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

Quote from: GoneSavage on August 17, 2005, 08:27:06 PM
It was just a lighthearted Fox comedy.

Wow, you make it sound like The War at Home.

I'm about two episodes away from finishing Undeclared.  Man, I wish there was more.  Its really funny and having lived in a dorm for a few semesters I can relate to much of it.  Its a straight comedy and not meant to be as poignant as Freaks and Geeks, but its constantly funny and definitely worth your time.

i saw the whole set over the week-end. it was cute but it had terrible narrative problems i guess.  it wasn't as linear as freaks & geeks and that made it a little confusing for me.  it was more of an american show compared to f&g, which had a more embraceable, universal approach. still, it had adorable cameos and moments and i enjoyed it.
context, context, context.

Ravi

Quote from: cronopio on September 27, 2006, 08:05:45 PM
i saw the whole set over the week-end. it was cute but it had terrible narrative problems i guess.  it wasn't as linear as freaks & geeks and that made it a little confusing for me.

The status of Lizzie and Eric's relationship was inconsistent.  They're not together in some episodes, they're together in others.  I guess the writers always had the sword of Damocles hanging over them and that somehow screwed with the stories.