Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

RegularKarate

Quote from: StefenIf thats the case rk, it seems like the bends and ok computer changed your life, how can you put kid a and amnesiac ahead of them? And if Pablo Honey was the album that got you into radiohead, how can you refer to it as pablow honey?

I put Kid A where it is because that's where it goes.  I didn't think I needed to finish my story, but it goes on like this "...then Kid A came out and it was the most impressive album I had ever heard.  'Everything in it's right place' indeed."

as far as Pablo Honey goes... it is what it is... I was in HighSchool when it came out... I don't like a lot of the shit I liked in High-School... I still listen to it every once in a while though.

modage

Quote from: RegularKarate
No, you just need to accept Kid A and Amnesiac as being the same album.  It's from the same sessions, they were just seperated... like Use Your Illusions I and II..
yes, but because they were released seperately they must be judged seperately.  like Kill Bill.  because when split, it tends to ruin one half as it did here when radiohead probably could've released a single album (sans filler) of the best thing ever heard by mankind (possibly even to rival OK Computer in its greatness), they instead started a slow path to snoozeville.

tracklist for Kid Amnesiac
1. I Might Be Wrong
2. Idioteque
3. Morning Bell
4. You And Whose Army?
5. The National Anthem
6. How To Disappear Completely
7. Pyramid Song
8. Optimistic
9. Motion Picture Soundtrack
10. Morning Bell/Amnesiac
11. Like Spinning Plates
12. Life In A Glass House

although i actually prefer the live versions of many of those tracks to the 'cold' studio versions.  but mine would probably go like this...

1. OK Computer
2. Kid A / The Bends
4. Hail To The Theif
5. Amnesiac

6. Pablo Sucky

though the Airbag EP and I Might Be Wrong EP i probably enjoy more than the last couple.  though i might have to agree with P as far as ranking The Bends as highly as i did. though OK is timeless.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

actually your ranking is almost exaclty like mine.

i don't see how you can call Everything In It's Right Place filler.

i just listened to Amnesiac straight through after leaving Episode III.
there are a lot of simlarities between the two. i remember Thom saying that Kid A was like looking at the fire from afar, yet Amnesiac is right in the middle of it.  it wasn't until last year that i put Amnesiac up there with the holy trinity of TheBends through Kid A, but i now see it as a solid very cohesive album. i never hated it, i just appreciate it a lot more.

HTTT is still relatively "new," but i just feel it's way too long. all the songs are good, but i think it would have been better to trim it down some and release and EP with them. i'm also growing less fond of Nigel Godrich's production. it keeps getting slicker and slicker.

no doubt i will buy the new album on it's release date. hopefully the song that i took my username from will be released. i think there is a good chance since Thom performed it a few months ago.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Ultrahip

you can buy the radio berlin cd, and big ideas is on that. so is bishops robes and some other obscure goodies. when does the new album arrive?

here's a cut-up a friend of mine did out of youknowwhichsong

What's that, from a great height?
Little piggy-rain, down on me.
Height the panic the dust and the screaming you don't remember.
I am king, you don't remember, from all the unborn chicken

God voices the yuppies networking the vomit
that sir of pig skin kicking his head,
from the great height makes you look pretty ugly

I am the noise king you don't remember
against the wall trying to get some sleep
I guess he does, why don't you?

The king loves his children
"What's that?"
God loves his children
"What's that?"
The panic loves his children
Yeah
context, context, context.

tpfkabi

i think the new song is great.
just Thom and piano with backup Thoms.
pretty much a mixture of I Will and How I Made My Millions.

Reinhold

i got planet acoustic today. listened to most of it.... dig it.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

tpfkabi

i'm guessing this is some kind of bootleg of live acoustic performances?

modage

new radiohead song on compilation, (not sure if this is what bigideas is talking about hearing)

The 'Help: A Day In The Life' tracklisting will run:

* Antony and the Johnsons – 'Happy Xmas (War is Over)'
   * Babyshambles – 'Bollywood To Battersea'
   * Belle & Sebastian – 'The Eighth Station of the Cross Kebab House'
   * Bloc Party – 'The Present'
   * Coldplay – 'How You See The World'
   * The Coral – 'It Was Nothing'
   * Damien Rice – 'Crosseyed Bear'
   * Elbow – 'Snowball'
   * Emmanuel Jal – 'Gua'
   * The Go! Team – 'Phantom Broadcast'
   * Gorillaz – 'Hong Kong'
   * Hard-Fi – 'Help Me Please'
   * Kaiser Chiefs – 'I Heard It Through the Grapevine'
   * Keane and Faultline – 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'
   * The Magic Numbers – 'Gone Are the Days'
   * Manic Street Preachers – 'Leviathan'
   * Maximo Park – 'Waste Land'
   * Mylo – 'Mars Needs Women'
   * Radiohead – 'I Want None of It'
   * Razorlight – 'Kirby's House'
   * Tinariwen – 'Cler Achel'
   * The Zutons – 'Hello Conscience'

'Help: A Day In The Life' will be released on CD through Independiente on September 26.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

I'm pretty sure that's what he's talking about.

I've listened to it.  It's good and all, but it's certainly nothing new, just basic throw-away Radiohead track.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Sounds like a cool compilation though (Rather, it would be sans Go-Team)
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

tpfkabi

yes, that's what i was talking about.

i hope i get to a place in my songwriting where i could write a song like that and it be considered a throw away.

modage

you can download the NEW Radiohead song on iTunes now.

RegularKarate

dude, are you talking about the "new" radiohead song that you were talking about a month ago?  Because that and Lucky are the only ones I see there.

modage

i was talking about Lucky.  if it's any indication, there new album will be their best one yet!