Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

tpfkabi

have you heard the Myxomatosis(sp?) remix with the extra bit of lyrics (i think they're in the booklet)....they include the phrase "mafia geeks"
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Sleuth

actually, now that i think about it, i already have downloaded all the non-remixed songs. i want to hear the Myxamatosis remix because i heard it had a few extra lyrics (the one including something about 'mafia geeks')

i bet if i looked hard enough i could find the mp3's on a webpage somewhere.

have you heard the Myxomatosis(sp?) remix with the extra bit of lyrics (i think they're in the booklet)....they include the phrase "mafia geeks"

actually, now that i think about it, i already have downloaded all the non-remixed songs. i want to hear the Myxamatosis remix because i heard it had a few extra lyrics (the one including something about 'mafia geeks')

I like to hug dogs

tpfkabi

if a question is unanswered it bares repeating.
you must be really bored
really bored
real real really bored
reelly board
reel e boar duh
reel e reel boar duh
-max headrom(sp?)
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

grand theft sparrow

from CNN.com

Radiohead guitarist to be BBC composer
Thursday, May 20, 2004 Posted: 9:16 AM EDT (1316 GMT)

LONDON, England (AP) -- Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood will become the British Broadcasting Corp.'s new composer in residence and will write a new work for one of its radio stations.

The assignment, expected to last three years, will allow Greenwood to use the BBC's musical resources, including the BBC Concert Orchestra. His manager, Bryce Edge, said Tuesday the appointment will allow him to "learn how an orchestra works."

The role was previously held by Anne Dudley, keyboard player for '80s ambient band Art of Noise and winner of an Oscar for composing the score of 1997's "The Full Monty."

"He will have access to the resources, the archives, the scores and most importantly the BBC Concert Orchestra," Edge said of Greenwood. "He will be able to workshop things he has written with the full orchestra. And it is an incredibly flexible arrangement."

Greenwood is a trained viola player, but has not been educated in classical composition.

He is committed to writing a single piece for the BBC, and its length and style are up to him. During that work, he'll remain a member of Radiohead and won't interrupt the band's recording or touring schedules.

The popular pop band is known for its unique cacophonies of rock-pop-electronica. Radiohead blends guitars, bass and drums with computer technology, drum machines, vocal loops and just plain noise ranging from radio broadcasts to static to sleigh bells.

Last year, Radiohead was voted the world's best band at the annual Q music awards, winning the prize for the third straight year.

The band's most recent album, "Hail to the Thief," has been widely praised by critics in Britain and the United States.

Sleuth

oh by the way, bigideas(don'tgetany) the remix of Myxomatosis has that line about mafia geeks.  I don't know why you couldn't just download it to begin with
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Hah!  Has everyone heard this yet?

Sleuth

Quote from: RegularKarateHah!  Has everyone heard this yet?

Ummm, you'd have been one of the first people to hear it if you regularly visited my favourite board in the whole world, ASTfag.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RegularKarateHah!  Has everyone heard this yet?

In the strangest way possible, that song makes me realize how original Radiohead is.

Myxo

.. but I was told I would receive a paycheck ..

Jeremy Blackman

Has anybody heard Bodysong yet? It really is fantastic stuff.

matt35mm

Yeah I heard it once a while ago.  I remember liking it, although I'd probably like it much more if I got to listen to it a few more times.

Dirk

I remember thinking it was utter shite, but that's just me.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: DirkI remember thinking it was utter shite, but that's just me.
Yeah, well, it's about 1/3 as solid as a Radiohead album. But I absolutely love the experimentation.

grand theft sparrow

I just heard a mash up of The Beatles' "A Day in the Life" and Radiohead's "Karma Police."  Anyone else know about this, what it's called and where I might find it?

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs