30 Rock (esteemed winner of the 30 Rock vs. Studio 60 deathmatch)

Started by ono, September 18, 2006, 08:00:42 PM

Stefen

Last nights episode may have been the funniest of the whole season. Might have been the most touching also. It's really hitting it's stride these last 5 or 6 episodes and it's sad that they have to have this extended break. I hope it doesn't ruin the momentum they had going.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Raikus

After last night's ending, I desperately want a musical episode. Hopefully hour long.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

grand theft sparrow

I must be the only person who isn't completely happy with the last couple of episodes.  Overall, it was OK but I thought that musical number went on too long and was just a time fill because they knew the strike was coming soon and had to rush through writing this one and the Ludachristmas.  I don't fear for the quality of the show at all but I can't wait for the strike to be over.

Stefen

I wasn't really feeling the Christmas episode too much and it felt WAY out of place with the rest of the season, but the most recent episode was great. Lemon getting drunk off wine while she keeps calling the co-op board and leaving messages was hilarious. Come on, who didn't laugh when the Germans find out they're getting NBC and they say "Super!" then shake their fists then pat the back of their necks.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Been catching up on this... watched the whole first season and half of season 2 so far... unbelievable how good this is. Funniest show since Seinfeld for sure. I hate to say it but I have to agree with everyone here, its even better than The Office.

Stefen

30R did pretty well at the SAG's. Baldwin won best actor and Tina Fey won best actress.

Kal

Baldwin's impressions in episode with Tracy and his daddy issues was incredible... that whole scene with the shrink and Tracy was one of the best of the entire show.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Quote from: pete on February 01, 2008, 12:46:23 AM
was that a re-run or did he do it again?

Yeah I dont even know, I'm catching up on all the episodes I downloaded. That was the last I saw. I think I have only 3 to go before its over.

Stefen

DYNOMITE!

My favorite moment from this season was Lemon getting drunk off wine like all middle aged females do and calling the co-op board and leaving nasty messages all night. That montage was hilarious.

Weird. Oh

anyone realize Buck Henry played Liz Lemon's dad?
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

picolas

allusions to spoils

i saw the twist coming and all the kinda outdated survivor parallels were hammered into your brain. it wasn't a Baaaad ep, but not up to 30 Rock standards.

Stefen

This was a GREAT episode. "We used to call this the Jew room"

I hope Dennis is a regular fixture from here on out. He was one of the funniest characters on season one.