Family Guy

Started by SHAFTR, June 27, 2003, 01:27:41 PM

squints

i liked jaws 5: fire island...a gay jaws...hilarious
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Family Guy was best late Season 2, early Season 3.

It was then that they started to realize their own humor.  It wasn't a full Simpsons ripoff anymore, and it wasn't so random that it didn't matter what characters were involved in the joke.  Now it's just being too random to really have any point in having a storyline, and it's trying to be as offensive as possible sometimes.  I wouldn't doubt for a second that their writing sessions are saturated with phrases like "This isn't random enough" and "This isn't edgy enough."  Normally I like to see the envelope gets pushed, but lately it seems like Family Guy is just trying too hard.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

kotte

Quote from: sphinx on June 27, 2003, 07:26:47 PM
the extended action sequence with the chicken and the coupon made me laugh more than anything in my life, ever.  except for dave morris.

Which episode was this?

squints

Season 2, Episode 10, "Da Boom"

and again in

Season 4, Episode 58, "Blind Ambition"
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Don't bother watching episode 4, though.  It redefines overkill.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

Quote from: Golden Age Walrus on March 08, 2006, 01:21:51 PM
Don't bother watching episode 4, though.  It redefines overkill.

i completely agree...i feel the same way about the greased up deaf guy...and to a certain extent the evil monkey..however the episode where the monkey waits for chris to leave..then puts on the big 70s headphones, cranks up the Foghat, and rolls a doob...that was funny

kotte

okay...then I know...

MacGuffin

Family Guy V4 Due
A new set for the series due in Nov.

On November 14, 2006, Fox Home Entertainment will release Family Guy - Volume 4 on DVD. The DVD will feature the fifth season of Family Guy over three discs, and will feature tons of bonus materials and extra features. It will be available for the MSRP of $39.98.

The Family Guy - Volume 4 DVD will feature the following episodes:

Brian Goes Back to College
The Courtship Of Stewie's Father
Fat GuyStrangler
The Father, The Son, And The Holy Fonz
Brian Sings & Swings
Patriot Games
I Take Thee Quagmire
Sibling Rivalry
Deep Throats
Peterotica
You May Now Kiss The? Uh? Guy Who Receives
Petergeist
Untitled Griffin Family History

The Family Guy - Volume 4 DVD will feature the following bonus materials:

Optional Censored Commentary on All Tracks
"A DIRECTOR'S LIFE: DEBUNKING THE MYTH"
Peter Shin Draws Stewie
A Tour of the Family Guy Offices
44 Deleted Scenes
DVD Rom link to more exclusive content

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

context, context, context.

polkablues

Yeah, what they said.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: MacGuffin on September 22, 2006, 11:15:34 AM
Optional Censored Commentary on All Tracks

Wait a minute... what?

last days of gerry the elephant

Spit on me. Ohhh now call me skum...
Last night's episode was so funny, I just realized the V4 set release, yay!

squints

last nights episode was mildly funny...

the best joke was:

TV: Now its time for Showgirls
Peter: Yeaaahh!
TV:...on TBS
Peter: awwww

Ravi

Quote from: squints on September 25, 2006, 06:31:03 PM
last nights episode was mildly funny...

the best joke was:

TV: Now its time for Showgirls
Peter: Yeaaahh!
TV:...on TBS
Peter: awwww

Did they proceed to show eight minutes of edited Showgirls in animated form?

Tictacbk

I thought last nights episode was awful.  There is just absolutely no effort whatsoever to incorporate the cutaway scenes logically anymore.  Its all just

2 minutes (maybe) of story
"yea this is (a. worse than, or b. like) that time I ____"
repeat.

And worst of all, the episode of the simpsons, and every episode of The War At Home was even worse.  When American Dad is the best show on fox's sunday night lineup it brings tears to my eyes.