American Idol

Started by Thrindle, April 14, 2004, 11:06:26 PM

hedwig

Quote from: JimmyGator on March 14, 2006, 09:04:13 PM
I like the gray haired dude.

same here.

this Vin Diesel wannabe right here

is actually pretty good, but the rendition of Higher Ground tonight was kind of awkward.  :yabbse-thumbdown:

polkablues

And I liked Gideon a lot.   

Sigh.... invalidated.  Hate to do it to you, but that's serious invalidation right there.

But don't fret; here's mine.  I like Kevin Covais.  I like the dude quite a bit.  The song he did tonight was exactly the sort of style he should be doing.  You could put him in front of a Maroon 5 type of band and he would be awesome.

Quote from: Hedwig on March 14, 2006, 08:22:36 PM
edit: HIDEOUS dress, Katherine.

I will fight you.

But seriously, it's funny how a couple of weeks ago there were rumors on the internets that she was pregnant, and then that's the dress she wears right after that.  On the plus side, it accentuated her... um... how to phrase this delicately... her bodacious bosoms.

Final two will be Chris and Katherine.  That's money in the bank.
My house, my rules, my coffee

hedwig

Quote from: polkablues on March 15, 2006, 12:09:03 AM

I will fight you.

I'll fight you for her love. :shock:  she's my favourite contestant, worry not. I've got a whole posse assembled called the McPhee Marauders and we are viciously devoted to securing her spot as the American Idol.

plus check the official site. when asked, "Who is YOUR American Idol?" she responded "Gene Kelly."

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known As on March 11, 2006, 02:20:14 AM
Wait, I'm not gonna actually post this.

JG

Quote from: polkablues on March 15, 2006, 12:09:03 AM
And I liked Gideon a lot.   

Sigh.... invalidated.  Hate to do it to you, but that's serious invalidation right there.

But don't fret; here's mine.  I like Kevin Covais.  I like the dude quite a bit.  The song he did tonight was exactly the sort of style he should be doing.  You could put him in front of a Maroon 5 type of band and he would be awesome.

I will fight you.

But seriously, it's funny how a couple of weeks ago there were rumors on the internets that she was pregnant, and then that's the dress she wears right after that.  On the plus side, it accentuated her... um... how to phrase this delicately... her bodacious bosoms.

Final two will be Chris and Katherine.  That's money in the bank.

Kevin's the dude with the glasses?  Cause if that's the case, then we're clearly not watching the same American Idol.  But I must say, I seem to be a sucker for the black guys on the show.  I loved Niko (sp?) last year and George Huff the year before.    Oh, and is it me or did Gideon seem wayyyyyyyyyyy older than 17.  That dude looked 30. 

hedwig

JG

i couldn't think of a more PC way to say it. 

polkablues

Quote from: JimmyGator on March 15, 2006, 06:56:39 PM
i couldn't think of a more PC way to say it. 

"Jungle fever", maybe.

And I agree with you about George Huff, not so much Niko.  Huff was a badass.

tpfkabi

Huff put out a gospel record, but i guess it kinda floated by.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

hedwig

what the hell, boring elliot and jay leno stunt double taylor hicks in the top 2, Goddess McPhee and the very talented chris in the bottom 2.

i'm disappointed chris went home, relieved katherine didn't. but still, what the hell.

JG

Chris is a douche bag.   He should've went home.  McPhee is beautiful, Yamin should win. 

hedwig

Quote from: JG on May 10, 2006, 09:07:47 PM
Chris is a douche bag.... Yamin should win.

explain this now!

i think chris's major flaw in the eyes of the voters was that he didn't ham it up. other than that, his singing was better than yamin and hicks combined. (yamin and hicks combined is a disturbing thought.)

should've
:yabbse-thumbup:

JG

Quote from: Hedwig on May 10, 2006, 09:19:06 PM
Chris is a douche bag.... Yamin should win.

explain this now!

i think chris's major flaw in the eyes of the voters was that he didn't ham it up. other than that, his singing was better than yamin and hicks combined. (yamin and hicks combined is a disturbing thought.)

The thing about Chris is that his voice is like everything I've ever heard.  Yeah, technically he's very good but there's nothing interesting about him.  And I hate his taste in music!  Creed, ugh.  The kind of record he would make would be so odd, as opposed to someone like Yamin who could make a classic Stevie Wonder type album filled with chamberlains and vibes and all that good stuff.   At this point its more about whose album I can picture enjoying more, although truth be told I'm probably not gonna buy it anyways.   What don't you like about Elliot?

Goddamn, though, I'm in love with Katherine McPhee.   Gorgeous.  And how priceless was Chris's face when he found he lost?  I thought he was going to punch Seacrest or something for breaking it to him the way he did. 

Quote from: Hedwig on May 10, 2006, 09:19:06 PM

should've
:yabbse-thumbup:

:)

polkablues

WTF?!!?!?

Wow.  I did not expect that.  Don't get me wrong, I like both Elliot and Taylor (especially Elliot), but Chris was destined to win this season.

The plus side of this: maybe when Chris gets to make his album, he'll be able to choose better songs than the half-baked treacle they usually give to the winners.

tpfkabi

i agree that Elliott actually has the best singing voice.
i can think of instances when all of the other 3 have sung something that was not in their range, but can't remember one where Elliott didn't.

i don't know why, but i have this weird feeling that McPhee will do a little acting (tv shows, bit parts), but not become a big star. then when funds are low she will do a straight to cable soft core movie.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

JG

Quote from: bigideas on May 10, 2006, 09:47:13 PM
i agree that Elliott actually has the best singing voice.
i can think of instances when all of the other 3 have sung something that was not in their range, but can't remember one where Elliott didn't.

i don't know why, but i have this weird feeling that McPhee will do a little acting (tv shows, bit parts), but not become a big star. then when funds are low she will do a straight to cable soft core movie.

haha i've been predicting/hoping this for a while now.