The Wolf of Wall Street

Started by MacGuffin, March 26, 2007, 01:27:30 AM

wiped_out

hill plays a slimey character, as apposed to the wolf himself who is a real SOB

I am Schmi

Quote from: wiped_out on April 22, 2012, 04:32:36 PM
I have the script if anyone wants it, I am looking for the script for Low Life and P.T Anderson's Lowlife, but I will glady send wolf to anyone who PMs me..

Also if anyone has any Roger Avary script I would enjoy reading anything that man has written.

PTA's "Lowlife" PTA has a screenplay titled: "Lowlife"?

Pubrick

What the hell are you lowlifes talking about?
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Leonardo DiCaprio Gets A Wife In Martin Scorsese's 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'
Source: Playlist

From a Tony nomination to playing Leonardo DiCaprio's wife in a film directed by Martin Scorsese -- as far as career boosts go, it doesn't get much better.

Cristin Milioti, recently nominated for her turn in the Broadway production of "Once," has landed the pretty plum role in "The Wolf Of Wall Street." Joining a cast that so far includes Jonah Hill, Kyle Chandler and "The Artist" star Jean Dujardin, the film tells the true story of Jordan Belfort, a wheeling and dealing New York stockbroker who sees his career and personal life fall into shambles thanks to sex, drugs and alcohol. Milioti will play of Belfort's Italian-American hairdessing wife, who is crushed by his infidelity.

Milioti will continue her run on Broadway before heading over to 'Wall Street' when production on the Terence Winter penned film begins at the end of the summer. And we would guess her appearances on "The Sopranos" may have tipped her to Winter and Scorsese's attention. And in case you're curious what her pipes sound like, watch her below signing the show's signature tune, "Falling Slowly." [Variety]
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

:yabbse-sad:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34396

Scorsese Goes Digital, Abandons Film
But Wolf Of Wall Street won't be 3D
27 June 2012  |  Written by Phil de Semlyen  |  Source: Exclusive

They say you shouldn't change a winning formula - and Hugo's digital cinematography did win an Oscar after all - but it's with a tinge of sadness that Martin Scorsese seems likely to bid farewell to film once and for all.

"It would appear that we've lost the battle," said Thelma Schoonmaker, the director's long-time editor. Talking to Empire's Damon Wise after a film restoration panel at the Edinburgh Film Festival, she confirmed that Scorsese's next film,The Wolf Of Wall Street would stick with digital, albeit in 2D. "I think Marty just feels it's unfortunately over, and there's been no bigger champion of film than him."

Schoonmaker revealed that while Hugo's warm tones had delighted the director and persuaded him to embrace the format, there's much melancholy at the passing of an era. "It's a very bittersweet thing to be watching films with him now that are on film. We're cherishing every moment of it. The number of prints that are now being made for release has just gone down, and it would appear that the theatres have converted so quickly to digital."

Schoonmaker also filled in some of the blanks on Scorsese's current production. "We start The Wolf Of Wall Street in the second week of August," she said, revealing her habit of only reading Scorese's shooting script once. "I don't want them to influence me when I see the dailies, but it's pretty wild. It's about this man in the late '90s [Leonardo DiCaprio's Jordan Belfort] who got people to start investing in much cheaper stocks. It was a big scam, and he went to jail. They were out of their minds. Out of their minds! He's out of jail now, doing motivational speaking. He supposedly feels bad about what he did..."

A little like Henry Hill then? "Yeah! (Laughs) They showed me a tape of what he's doing now. It's very interesting."

Alexandro

yeah, sad. and she makes the new film sounds really boring.

wilder

HeywoodRFloyd

What the fuck is that

I'm sorry but that looks like Pain & Gain meets The Hangover

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

"From the filmmaker who brought you 'Hugo' "

©brad

Hmm I think it looks pretty fun. Just wonder if it has anything new to say.

Cloudy

Quote from: ©brad on June 17, 2013, 01:34:28 PM
Hmm I think it looks pretty fun. Just wonder if it has anything new to say.

Agreed. The fact that this is Scorsese reassures that this is gonna be fucking entertaining and maybe even hilarious. But at the same time, we're all wondering...out of all the pictures he could make, at this point in his career...why this one? The dude needs to sell out in order to make what he wants--SILENCE--why? How is it that someone like PTA can make whatever he wants even if it takes some time and some pain, and get money for it when Scorsese can't? Maybe he doesn't want to though..maybe he wants to make these kinds of films. But, in his interviews he always speaks with such passion about doing more personal work, and sort of talks down about the process of making these huge things...it's frustrating.

Pubrick

The dude has been selling out basically since he started working with Leo.

He's not doing it for Silence. If anything he's not making Silence because Leo can't play the lead.

This looks like his most inconsequential film since The Defarted.

Marty is DONE.

under the paving stones.

Lottery

You know, I like a number of his DiCap movies but I wish that their collaboration would just end already.