The Departed (Infernal Affairs remake)

Started by MacGuffin, February 13, 2004, 02:09:12 AM

modage

hmm.... i really wish scorsese would quit casting his pictures this way.  dicaprio is too young for every role he is given, regardless of his actual age, he just does not have the weight to pull off characters who are adults.  and marky mark will likely suck ass too.  even nicholson seems not quite as badass as i had imagined from the 'pure evil' quotes. 
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

Yeah, that trailer was very confusing in terms of plot. Hope the movie is less expository.
WWPTAD?

Derek

Killer cover of comfortably numb. Any idea who did it?
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Derek on July 31, 2006, 01:04:22 PM
Killer cover of comfortably numb. Any idea who did it?

It's not a cover... that's Pink Floyd... live, with Van Morrison singing on part of the vocals.

Derek

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Pozer

SoNowThen

That's a very not-nice trailer. Although, I thought Gangs Of New York (at first) had an extremely not-nice trailer, and I love that movie. So, grain of salt and all that...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Derek237

Same with The Aviator trailer. The Aviator is one of my favourites, but when I saw a trailer for it on another DVD recently, I felt, this is not the movie I love.

But I'm still excited for The Departed. Every time Jack comes back it's always an event for me, and Dicaprio is one of this generation's best actors and gets a lot of shit from people for some pretty lame reasons.

Already from the trailer you know it's going to have a good compilation of source music throughout the film, Scorsese is the master of that, even if he has used Gimmie Shelter to death.

I'm looking forward to this film very much.

grand theft sparrow

OK, the images in the trailer, not the trailer itself, make me excited about it.  Comfortably Numb doesn't work in the trailer but I know it'll work in the movie.  And Scorsese needs to not use Gimme Shelter ever again.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Surprisingly tasteful.  I was half-expecting something like this:

My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

i'm sure the non-teaser poster will look more similar to that, and if the dvd doesnt look EXACTLY like that it'll be a miracle.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

edison

wow, that only took you 30 minutes to put together....would have taken me all night

Derek237

Seems like an evolved Mean Streets poster.

©brad

Quote from: hackspaced on July 31, 2006, 09:56:04 PM
OK, the images in the trailer, not the trailer itself, make me excited about it.  Comfortably Numb doesn't work in the trailer but I know it'll work in the movie.

you crazy. the trailer rocked, as did the use of comfortably numb.