NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Stefen

Quote from: RegularKarate on April 10, 2009, 11:44:11 AM
I bought GTA: Chinatown Wars for the DS.

I've never played a GTA game outside of the very first one for the PS and this one is pretty redundant, but pretty damn fun... one thing I'm surprised at is that this game was released for Nintendo... is this a step toward them allowing more adult themed games to be made for the Wii?  I mean I haven't run into games that allow actual cursing on a nintendo before... or have been missing something?

The Resident Evil series was exclusively for the GameCube, so Nintendo having M rated games is nothing new. They don't do it often enough though.

My Wii is just collecting dust. I haven't played it in 6 months. I have SSB and Mario Kart and that's it. I was stoked about Animal Crossing, but it's the exact same as the GameCube version.

Nintendo sold out.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

picolas

. Wii-exclusive. i'm not sure there's swearing, but it's most certainly M-rated.

Chest Rockwell

Chinatown Wars is OK. I stopped playing pretty quickly, unfortunately. But the drug-dealing side-game is surprisingly addictive, and the graphics are pretty ridiculous. What I think you SHOULD be playing is Rhythm Heaven. Mega-addictive rhythm game by the makers of the WarioWare games. It's like a bunch of quirky little rhythm games with different strategies rather than a game with a consistent mechanic. Anyways, its tons of fun.

Pas

stefen are you playing the demo for UFC Undisputed ?? It's impressive !! I really love the fights and how different Liddell and Rua fight, very cool. Liddell can definitely end the fight with one good punch anytime so you gotta be careful against him. Rua is good but harder to make good strikes with.

I'm sure the full game will rock

Pozer

never thought i'd find myself posting in this thread but i got a question for Mr. Neon or Stefen or whomever feels like sharing any input.

i am by no means a gamer but i got a ps3, mostly for blu-ray but also with intentions for having gameplay on hand during get togethers and what have ya. i am more of a multi-player type of guy but havnt really found anything worthwhile yet (but also havnt necessarily been looking). when i bought the ps3, i stupidly purchased Sonic the Hedgehog just to have a game and cos it was 20 bucks. what a flopper that game was. also got Burnout Paradise specifically for a gathering and was fooled by the multi-player tag at the top that was meant for the online play. how do you make a racecar game NOT multi-player??

anyways, i'm rambling on here. i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for decent multi-player games. cheaper the better. i usually perfer racer games or possibly fighting ones, but maybe not like this UFC one you speak of. that Mortal Kombat vs. DCers looked all right, but i didnt want to pay 60 bucks for another flopper.

friend-o-mine borrowed me some games like Tony Hawk and some BMX vs. ATV one which were all right but he tries to get me into games like Metal Gear or Fallout3, both of which i've tried to get into but theyre just not for me. just this morning, he sent me this link for yet another one of those types. dude tries to sell me on these like i do him on shitty artsy movies.

Stefen

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 24, 2009, 12:26:42 PM
stefen are you playing the demo for UFC Undisputed ?? It's impressive !! I really love the fights and how different Liddell and Rua fight, very cool. Liddell can definitely end the fight with one good punch anytime so you gotta be careful against him. Rua is good but harder to make good strikes with.

I'm sure the full game will rock

Late on this.

I'm loving it. I actually downloaded the demo the second it leaked because I couldn't wait until the next week for it to be released on LIVE Marketplace. It's really really fun. I was worried it was going to be a button masher, but the control scheme is DEEP and it's taken me a very long time to get good. I ALWAYS play as Shogun Rua since he's my favorite fighter, but more often than not Chuck knocks me out.

The most amazing thing is how much Chuck and Shogun actually feel and fight like Chuck and Shogun. Chuck has his patented overhand right and is impossible to take down and Shogun is a beast in the muay thai clinch.

I can't wait to play as GSP. I'll be picking it up on release day for sure.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

Pozer - I'm not too big a fan of racing games, but that is odd that Burnout doesn't have multiplayer. I've heard Gran Turismo 5: Prologue is fun. Don't know if it's multiplayer.

As for fighters, aside from the UFC game (I'm a big mixed martial arts fan) I don't really play those, either. I heard Street Fighter 4 is awesome and my friends are always entering tournaments. That might be up your alley.

I hardly ever play multiplayer. If I do, it's with sports games. I got really into Call of Duty 4 for a couple months but got bored. The multiplayer in Grand Theft Auto IV is a lot of fun. Lot's of variety.

squints

pozer-

all you need for a fun multi-player/party game is Little Big Planet. That's all.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pozer

thx, fellows.

is Grand Theft IV multiplayer online only? borrowed it from friend one time and dont recall seeing that option.

having one of them get2gethers this wknd is why i was asking. i'm gonna rent all suggested. been eying that Little Big Planet for some time.

Stefen

Oh yeah, it's only online. When you say multiplayer I thought you meant playing online with people on the interwebz. I forgot that you hadn't had a console since like 1992 and your idea of multiplayer is sitting next to a friend and playing Bad Dudes or Contra. Wow. I can't remember the last time I've actually sat next to someone and played a game.

"You mean you had to use your hands?"

polkablues

Rent Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. Both of the Motorstorm games are great, but the second one has offline multiplayer, which the first one doesn't.

And yeah, Little Big Planet with a bunch of friends is way too much fun.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pozer

polkues, done. i bet the first one of those would be cheap?

Stef, you are correct. in fact, i would buy updated versions of both Contra & Bad Dudes if they were avail. i hate to mention girlfriends here, but the multis do make nice for them too.

looks like i'm gonna be a bigtime gamer this wknd, fellas. ill be checking here from the video store. till then, Pos3r, out.     

Stefen

Pozer, you should really do gamefly. It's better than renting games, imo. No late fees.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pozer