NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Stefen

Did you freak out at how light the controller is? When I first played the PS3, I couldn't believe how wimpy the controller was.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on April 19, 2008, 10:57:04 AM
Did you freak out at how light the controller is? When I first played the PS3, I couldn't believe how wimpy the controller was.

It's like button mashing a cloud. I need to get a dual-shock but I didn't have the fundage to do that yesterday so for right now I only have one cotton candy controller in my possession.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

cinemanarchist

GTA IV on Tuesday and it just got a "10" from IGN and IGN UK. First ten they've given out since Soul Caliber in '99. Very pumped. I assume I will see all of you online come Tuesday. I will be purchasing the 360 version to take advantage of the downloadable content but I swear to got if it red rings on me I will lose my shit.

Stefen

I can't believe the perfect scores GTA IV is getting across the board. I'm SO happy that they kept the satirical element. I was worried it was just going to become another meathead game, but it looks like it's kept it's comedic edge.

I'm still debating on whether or not to hit up the midnight prerelease to pick up my copy or to wait till the morning. Needless to say, I took tomorrow off.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on April 28, 2008, 11:17:57 AM
I can't believe the perfect scores GTA IV is getting across the board. I'm SO happy that they kept the satirical element. I was worried it was just going to become another meathead game, but it looks like it's kept it's comedic edge.

I'm still debating on whether or not to hit up the midnight prerelease to pick up my copy or to wait till the morning. Needless to say, I took tomorrow off.

I'm still deciding on which system to get it for. I really want the 360 exclusive downloads but right now I have my PS3 hooked up with HDMI and the 360 is running through a component switch along with the WII so the picture is a little soft in comparison. I'll probably go with the 360. I never thought I would be pissed about going to see Man Man and Fuck Buttons but when that show is tomorrow night...well you see what I'm getting at.

Stefen

I'd go for 360, and you know I'm the furthest thing from a fanboy. I just think the multi-player is going to be top knotch and I'd rather play that on Live than PS3's weak internet system. On the other hand, you'll probably get red ringed the second you pop it into your 360.

Quote from: Stefen on April 28, 2008, 02:52:45 PM
. On the other hand, you'll probably get red ringed the second you pop it into your 360.

i long for the days where hardware problems were solved by blowing a cartridge and taking out the dust.

but gta iv . 
man , i'm like a schoolgirl in love. i've felt for the hype, of which the games looks more than deserving. i hope  i can get a copy tomorrow.

context, context, context.

Stefen

Cron, I'm glad you've come around to it. It really is going to be something special.

To change the subject before GTA hits and this thread is overloaded with GTA'ness, is anyone playing Mario Kart: Wii? I picked it up yesterday and I'm kind of disappointed. It's alot of fun and online is great, but it looks like shit and there is absolutely NO skill involved. It's all luck. That's kind of unfortunate. Oh, well. it's still alot of fun.

brockly

Quote from: Stefen on April 28, 2008, 03:45:56 PM
is anyone playing Mario Kart: Wii? I picked it up yesterday and I'm kind of disappointed. It's alot of fun and online is great, but it looks like shit and there is absolutely NO skill involved. It's all luck. That's kind of unfortunate. Oh, well. it's still alot of fun.

haha. i love the game, but this is true. i haven't owned a mario kart game (or a nintendo console) since the 64 and i don't remember it being this unbalanced. it's infuriating at times. nevertheless they nailed the stearing system and it's just incredibly fun to play. and the online is fantastic. we should get a game going. does anyone else have it?

and im caving in on the gta hype and seriously considering getting it just for the multiplayer. :oops: as much as vice city bored the shit out of me the idea of free roaming the city with upto 12 friends and doing co-op missions just sounds too fun..

Stefen

First impressions after an hour and a half of GTA? Realistic. Almost annoyingly so. Also, the writing in the main storyline is epic. It's seriously like watching a movie.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on April 29, 2008, 02:32:35 AM
First impressions after an hour and a half of GTA? Realistic. Almost annoyingly so. Also, the writing in the main storyline is epic. It's seriously like watching a movie.

I picked it up this morning before work at Target. This is going to be the longest day ever...Can you cite an example of the annoying realisticness? I've got the subway map laid out on a table in my office. Oh and I did go with the 360 version.

Stefen

Quote from: cinemanarchist on April 29, 2008, 10:18:30 AM

I picked it up this morning before work at Target. This is going to be the longest day ever...Can you cite an example of the annoying realisticness? I've got the subway map laid out on a table in my office. Oh and I did go with the 360 version.

The driving for one. Every car handles differently and you can really feel the shocks at high speeds. I maybe shouldn't have said annoying because it's not annoying, it's just alot more realistic than San Andreas or any of the past GTA's and it takes some getting used to.

This game is AMAZING.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on April 29, 2008, 10:28:07 AM
Quote from: cinemanarchist on April 29, 2008, 10:18:30 AM

The driving for one. Every car handles differently and you can really feel the shocks at high speeds. I maybe shouldn't have said annoying because it's not annoying, it's just alot more realistic than San Andreas or any of the past GTA's and it takes some getting used to.

This game is AMAZING.

I am so pumped! Let me know if you venture into online multiplayer today. I'm very curious to see how the Xbox servers hold up.

Stefen

I jumped online last night. Everything seemed fine. No problems at all. I got my ass kicked, though. I'm waiting until I get better in single player before I get online again.

Also, you cant jump online right away. You have to pass a few single player missions and get the cell phone first since you get online from the cell phones menu.

i'll get my ps3 copy in a couple of hours...MUHFUGGAS!

edit : i'll have to wait til tomorrow :(
context, context, context.