Gunnin' For that #1 Spot

Started by Kal, July 03, 2009, 03:22:00 AM

Kal

Has anybody here seen this? It's a documentary about basketball produced and directed by Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys. It's his first film and the first one for Oscilloscope Laboratories, his company which also bought our film "The Paranoids".

Anyways the film is pretty cool for anybody here who loves basketball. It follows 8 players that are preparing for the "Elite 24" All Star game at Ruckers Park in Harlem. One of them is Miami's Michael Beasley.

The DVD is pretty awesome and has lots of extra features, plus a cool box. All Oscilloscope DVDs are "collector" editions and numbered. Anyways here is a short article I wrote about the film and links to get the DVD or also to watch it for a limited time on Hulu.

http://bit.ly/QCxM1

pete

I saw it, it felt over-edited and really didn't tell any story of any sort.  some good interviews with the kids I guess, but couldn't decide to be a report on the commercialization of basketball, the elite 24 game, the psyche of the kids (some of them seem very very interesting), the harlem court...it ended up barely touching on every subject, and I came away with not much.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton