Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Started by sphinx, January 10, 2003, 10:34:24 PM

MacGuffin

Sam Rockwell Heads for the Galaxy
Source: Variety

Sam Rockwell will star in Spyglass Entertainment/Walt Disney Co.'s The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy as Zaphod, the two-headed president of the galaxy. The film is an adaptation of the cult hit novel by Douglas Adams. Shooting starts this April in London with Garth Jennings directing.

Mos Def plays Ford Prefect, an alien disguising himself as an out-of-work actor who sets out on an intergalactic journey with his best friend, mild-mannered earthling Arthur Dent (Martin Freeman). The duo hitch a ride through space with Rockwell's Zaphod, the beautiful and brilliant scientist Trillion (Zooey Deschanel) and a depressed robot while on a quest to discover the meaning of life.

Adams adapted his own novel for the screen. After Adams' death, Karey Kirkpatrick came aboard for a rewrite. "Hitchhiker's Guide" began as a radio series and launched a book series, television series and video game.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Sam Rockwell as Zaphod will totally sam-rock!

Pas

OmegaSlacker

Anyone know if the location on Earth is going to still be set in England? or will it be moved to the States?
When I was just a baby, my momma told me, "Son, always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns." But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

MacGuffin

Malkovich Aboard Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Source: The Hollywood Reporter

John Malkovich is joining The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Disney adaptation of the Douglas Adams novel, says The Hollywood Reporter. The film begins shooting this month in London, with Garth Jennings at the directing.

Malkovich will play a religious cult leader called Humma Kavula, created by the late author especially for the long-gestating film.

Mos Def plays Ford Prefect, an undercover alien who sets off on an intergalactic journey with his best friend and the film's protagonist, earthling Arthur Dent (Martin Freeman). The duo hitch a ride through space -- with the two-headed ex-hippie Zaphod (Sam Rockwell); his girlfriend, the beautiful scientist Trillion (Zooey Deschanel); and a robot -- to discover the meaning of life.

Adams adapted his novel for the screen. After Adams' death in 2001, Karey Kirkpatrick did a rewrite before Robert Ben Garant came on board.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

Malkovich as Humma will totally sam-rock!

I was going to post that...   smells nice.
context, context, context.

mogwai

Cruelty! I can only hear it, what should I do?

Just Withnail

I got image. You're probably missing some codec...The teaser did rock, but nothing you can't wait until there's a real high-res quicktime version to see. For those who saw it, check out the stars at the end  :-D Normally I hate this kind of teaser, but it's been so long since I read the books, that just a little taste, and a reminder of how funny they are, makes this one highly anticipated on my part.

mogwai

Quote from: cronopioCruelty! I can only hear it, what should I do?
download a divx player.

ono

Changing this thread's title would probably be good.