Dedication

Started by MacGuffin, July 27, 2007, 08:13:08 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: August 24th, 2007 (limited)

Starring: Billy Crudup, Mandy Moore, Bob Balaban, Tom Wilkinson, Dianne Wiest

Directed by: Justin Theroux

Premise: A misogynistic children's book writer is forced to collaborate with a young female illustrator when his writing partner and only friend dies.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

I loooooveeee Mandy...

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Kal

Well I guess nobody really gives a shit about this... except for me.

I saw it tonight... it was kinda good. The acting was great. Crudup and Wilkinson were excellent. Mandy is not the greatest actress but I love her anyhow.

Film is pretty good... not sure why nobody saw it... and its not even getting a decent limited run.

modage

i saw a screener of this a few months ago.  i thought it was one of the most obnoxious movies i've ever seen.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: modage on September 12, 2007, 07:57:30 AM
i saw a screener of this a few months ago.  i thought it was one of the most obnoxious movies i've ever seen.

:doh: from that trailer you're right....which sucks b/c its my wet dream's directorial debut w/crudup...it seems like its one of those annoying off the wall romantic indie drama-comedies (of the garden state variety) ...rather than the good shit like the eternal science's of recent memory...but i hope i'm wrong...and whats with that annoying record skipping noise throughout the trailer?

Kal

Quote from: Pubrick on September 12, 2007, 10:35:00 AM
Quote from: pyramid machine on September 12, 2007, 10:32:46 AM
and whats with that annoying record skipping noise throughout the trailer?

wait till you hear it throughout the whole movie! that's dedication to a bit.

that bothered me a little bit... and as much as i agree with some of what was said here, i enjoyed it and thought it was well done. then again, there is so much shit out there that is no difficult to enjoy this more than 99% of the rest...