Where The Truth Lies

Started by MacGuffin, May 13, 2005, 01:28:10 PM

w/o horse

I think that I shall find this thread disheartening come morning.

I really don't get you guys sometimes.  I mean, hell yeah War of the Worlds and Batman Begins, but then comes along Where the Truth Lies, which was completely grippining and cinematic, and it's "ehh, it's no The Squid and the Whale."  If this board wasn't so incestuous with its opinions I'd better know where I stand.  Where the fuck are the Egoyan lovers.  Is there really no group of people who completely dug this movie?  What a sham.  I mean shame.  No I mean sham.

Well.  Hey.  Didn't you guys really like Save the Green Planet!?!  Hell yeah me too.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

Quote from: Losing the Horse:I really don't get you guys sometimes.
don't start generalizing again, that's always been your major flaw. it makes everything way more antagonistic than it needs to be. two ppl thought it was mediocre, they are about as representative of the whole board (or whatever all-encompassing "group" you've jammed everyone into this time) as your own opinion.

once i see the movie i'm pretty sure i'll agree with your glowing review but by the time the movie comes around these parts it'll be on dvd, there will still only be three reviews in this thread, and you will already have decided that everyone hated it.
under the paving stones.

hedwig

Fuck grippining films!

Also:

Quote from: Losing the Horse:If this board wasn't so incestuous with its opinions I'd better know where I stand.

What does that mean?

Actually -- I dont know, just, what the hell are you talking about? That was like a damn Reformed Weirdo post or something.

Why is the lack of praise for this film (SO FAR, I mean, please: give more people time to actually see it) a "sham"?

sham
n.
1. Something false or empty that is purported to be genuine; a spurious imitation.
2. The quality of deceitfulness; empty pretense.
3. One who assumes a false character; an impostor: "He a man! Hell! He was a hollow sham!" (Joseph Conrad).
4. A decorative cover made to simulate an article of household linen and used over or in place of it: a pillow sham.

picolas

5. Me and You and Everyone We Know

w/o horse

You guys are a little right and a little too long in the Xixax.  This board doesn't have a largely concentrated central opinion Hedwig?  Right.

I have some kind of phobia which prevents me from feeling comfortable outside of the majority and causes frustration where it shouldn't.  That's all I'll say about the Pubrick half of the argument which is completely valid.  I need to stop lumping.  I do. Sorry.  Nothing else I can say now.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Gamblour.

Quote from: picolas5. Me and You and Everyone We Know

Fuck yeah. That was awesome.

Losing, dude. You would've done more for this movie if, instead of blaming the board, you had given a great review of it (hah now I get P's glowing remark). I've heard this is ok at best, so maybe you should just be patient. I love Egoyan. If you go to his thread, you'll see a lot of people do.

As far as this board having an opinion goes, the people who love it or hate it the loudest get heard. I can recall lots of people who like Crash in that thread, they're not the ones that just don't drone on about how they hate it (me included). Tons of people here hated War of the Worlds.
WWPTAD?

ono

Quote from: Losing the Horse:Where the fuck are the Egoyan lovers.
http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=780&highlight=atom+egoyan

One opinion: Sweet Hereafter = overrated, Exotica = excellent.  Continue there.  Take smaller doses.  And don't forget to breathe.

Ghostboy

I love Egoyan. I think he's amazing. This film was just awkward. There are things about it that are exceptional, but there's no way I can forgive the last two or three scenes, which were far more grievous an error (especially coming from Egoyan) than Tom Cruise's son being alive at the end of War Of The Worlds.

Have you seen Bad Education? While about an entirely different subejct matter, it presents itself in largely the same form and style this one does  -  except with much more grace and finesse.

Gamblour.

Quote from: onomabracadabra
One opinion: Sweet Hereafter = overrated, Exotica = excellent.

Here's another opinion: Sweet Hereafter = Freaking incredible, Exotica = good for Casey Jones and company, but eh, and Family Viewing = interesting experiment, but yikes
WWPTAD?

w/o horse