Scarlet Diva

Started by SubstanceD, February 25, 2003, 04:19:26 PM

SubstanceD

Anyone out there seen Scarlet Diva? It's hot. Another DV movie that looks great. Great as heck.
Stubborn as a thousand born agains avoiding questions.

xerxes

Quote from: SubstanceDGreat as heck.

how great is heck???

Cecil

Quote from: xerxes

how great is heck???

very

Duck Sauce

Im going to see it, but you better hope I like it.

Cecil

SPOILERS (well not exactly, but its a scene in the movie)

my favorite scene is the one where she shaves her armpits and then puts makeup on, fucks up all her makeup, starts to cry and licks her armpits.

ono

And a year and two months later... I saw this.

Very cool, interesting, intriguing movie.  I so loved and admired how it really fucked all convention.  It was a bit hard to follow because of it, but some of the transitions were quite priceless -- especially the dreamlike sequence where she sees the doll with the cell phone in its head, answers it, and wakes up to find her doctor on the line telling her she's pregnant.  The ending kind of sucked, and the film was a bit short, but most of all, the heart that went in to it was so admirable that one can forget all its faults.  Definitely reminds one of an 8 1/2 or something, or I bet Schizopolis, too, once I get to sit down and watch it.

El Duderino

Quote from: CecilSPOILERS (well not exactly, but its a scene in the movie)

my favorite scene is the one where she shaves her armpits and then puts makeup on, fucks up all her makeup, starts to cry and licks her armpits.

i dont know how i feel about this movie now...
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

coffeebeetle

I thought it was great.  And Ono's right: you've got to admire the balls it took to make it, because I see it as an extremely personal film, not to mention the "cinematic conventions" it pissed on.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)