The Simpsons-The Movie

Started by i/o, May 05, 2003, 12:56:33 AM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

in all fairness fred and barney were once mugged by rupaul so you can see why he is so hostile towards both groups

pumba

A simpsons movie would be stupid and ruin the whole show. Peace

I eat ass
-Gwenyth Paltrow

cowboykurtis

Quote from: shnorff
I eat ass
-Gwenyth Paltrow

what a lucky gal
...your excuses are your own...

ShanghaiOrange

I think the reason the recent episodes are subpar is that they are saving all their best jokes for the movie. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

[quote="shnorff

I eat ass
-Gwenyth Paltrow[/quote]

she does ??? wow , you have to admire such honesty

astralpictures

Everyone's mentioned how much a Live Action movie would suck, but what about a CGI movie? I definitely wouldn't like that, but there's a trend to make everything computer animated these days. I've heard there is a Garfield CGI movie coming out.

meatwad

It would ruin the show forever. It would never work. And a live action seems even worse. For some reason i keep having nightmares that it would turn out like the Super Mario Brothers movie. Don't ask me why

//www.thestate22.com

RegularKarate

Would that be this meatwad?:

A Simpsons movie could and will work.  It can't possibly ruin the show, it won't be made until the show's over and it will leave a good taste in the mouth because more thought will be put into than the current episodes.

live action is a terrible idea though.

Gold Trumpet

I'm not sure what The Simpsons even could do for a movie. All ideas lately have seemed half ass by way of the quality of their shows recently when compared to their best and their best came a long time ago before a show like South Park surpassed the show by miles in edge. The movie would have to be really well written and imaginative to be pulled off. I'm not sure if the writers have that in them though. The Simpsons may be the best show ever, but I think its time of impact may have past.

~rougerum

meatwad

Quote from: RegularKarateWould that be this meatwad?:

yes, you are correct. That is a picture of myself. Dancing

//www.thestate22.com

markums2k

If it must be done, they should keep it animated.

If they made a movie, I think it would be best to parady something.  Similar to how the Halloween specials are structured like Tales from the Darkside, and don't actually have anything to do with the show's usual reality.

But seriously, the quality would have to surpass all previous episodes ever, and I think that'd be tough.  They've had some very good episodes.  Maybe they should bring Conan back to write the movie?  I think it'd be hilarious.

Whatever they do, they better have Dr. Nick in it a whole fucking bunch.  "Hi, everybody!"

Cecil

Quote from: markums2kWhatever they do, they better have Dr. Nick in it a whole fucking bunch.  "Hi, everybody!"

and then everyone in the theatre will go "hi, dr. nick!"

BrainSushi

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: Butterscotch Jones
but can you see a actor playing homer ??

i hear john goodman is being considered.

John Goodman...? That's so obvious. Homer should be played by Gary Oldman.

DavTMcGowan

Quote from: BrainSushiJohn Goodman...? That's so obvious. Homer should be played by Gary Oldman.

That would be so in line with teh randomness the show has taken on lately.  A live action movie where teh actors are just completely wrong for the part might work.  I'm thinking Haley Joel Osment as Bart.

children with angels

If we're going down that line of thought, then I'm thinking Haley Joel Osmet as Homer...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/