bodysong

Started by cron, July 06, 2005, 10:24:11 AM

this was released a while ago but the dvd's coming out this month (with a pta blurb in the cover!).
anyone saw it?  i'm going to take a wild guess and say most of you just listened to the soundtrack. like me.

anyway, here's a link to the trailer

http://www.channel4.com/culture/microsites/B/bodysong/intro.html
context, context, context.

Jeremy Blackman

Is there music in the film not included in the soundtrack?

It would be nice to have the pairing of picture and sound, which (when viewing the trailer on the CD, anyway) makes much more sense.

Sleuth

Trivia:  That trailer reminds me of Banilla Sky and the song sounds like something Nine Inch Nails.
I like to hug dogs

Stefen

Looks like those Godfrey Reggio movies I used to watch when I used to get stoned. Jonny Greenwood = New Philip Glass? Naw, but they are both missing letters in their first names.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ghostboy

This looks like it would undoubtedly be the best movie of the year...I might just go ahead and buy the R2 release.

context, context, context.

RegularKarate

modage

yeah, i'd be interested to hear though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Hollywood director Paul Thomas Anderson saw the film at its Rotterdam Festival premiere: "I remember seeing bodysong and feeling like I was in a trance. A wonderful collection of the two simple things a film has to work with: pictures and music. It's a moving, scary and hypnotic potpourri of images and an experience that gets more lucid the more you watch ...The website, which is 50% of the experience is a testament to the strong, caring research and a dedication to wonderful material."

http://www.focalint.org/bodysong_dec03.htm

Oh, and this is what it says on the DVD:

"I remember seeing Bodysong and feeling like I was in a trance... moving scary and hypnotic. Bodysong is pretty out there and pretty special."
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

w/o horse

Quote from: cronopiono need to:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0009CTUXW/qid=1120680799/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/103-1413477-2579031?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

This link is awesome because it says July 12 and not some far off date.  Also, under $15.

I simply can't say no for such a price and such a warm reception.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Ghostboy

This is why I love xixax - other people tell me answers to questions I'm too lazy to seek out myself!

I've pre-ordered it. That trailer was too amazing - I just had to own it.

Pozer

So, GB, did you ever comment on this?  
Bodysong carried me through just about every emotion I can think of.  I was truly effected by these portraits.  The first time I can honestly use the word "Powerful."

RegularKarate

really?  huh...

I found the first twenty minutes to be boring and nothing new.

It got better and I did end up enjoying it in the long run... but not as much as I had hoped.

It also seemed like Johnny was bored because the music during the crappier stuff was just slow and uninteresting and when the movie got better, so did the music.

Ghostboy

Oh yeah, I forgot to write about it. Here's the semi-review I wrote on my website: http://www.road-dog-productions.com/cgi-bin/2005/08/post_2.html

I actually thought the first 20 minutes were the best part. After the sequence on sexuality, though, I thought it became rather predictable - although it takes off again towards the end.

Pozer

Quote from: RegularKaratereally?  huh...
It was just so real and the portrayel of these images of life left an impact on me.  

Had this for about a month before finally watching it.  It was late at night and I didn't feel like watching anything and remembered bodysong.  I was in the perfect state of mind for it and had a bizarre mix of dreams afterwards that included past flames and lost memories.  It truly affected me.