I don't think it has been asked... (Hannibal Lector poll)

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 13, 2003, 10:30:09 PM

NEON MERCURY

I would go w/Hanibal .Now ...when you/I think about it (Silence is a close second then Manhunter, then last Red Dragon)...I liked Hanibal more there is something so cool  how Scott makes this film( which is gory as can be ) with elegence its a hard trick to pull off..(i.e. the "dinner" scene at the end was played of like it was at a fine dining restuarant)  that is hard to do IMO...When
I think about it now Silence(OTL)  seems like a "good thriller" but Scott's Hannibal is more fresh and experimental in-a-way  which i tend to favor more.

This film is UNDERrated :!: ....'nough said

Cecil

bonanzataz

yeah, i do think people bash hannibal too much. it is, however, just a fun movie that comes from people wanting more hannibal. nothing more, nothing less. red dragon is just a tired old rehash of something that's been done thrice before and better. i didn't care too much for manhunter, but i enjoyed the book. anyway, my vote obviously goes to silence because it's classic and i love it so. it's not just a catch the bad guy, shoot em up thriller, it's a psychological drama. plus, buffalo bill is just one of my favorite villains ever.

"it puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

ha! silence is one of my favorite movies ever, it's pretty hard to top that.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Alethia

Derek237

Silence is my favourite without a doubt. I liked Hannibal a lot, but I liked it the least out of the 4. They're all good.

NEON MERCURY

SOLUTION: man... watch all of them in order and see the IMPACT of Scott's Hannibal...amazing stuff