Shit Happening

Started by jenkins, January 15, 2020, 06:13:25 PM

jenkins

oh right right. this was a sideline to the neighborhood protests

jenkins

Quote from: jenkins on May 13, 2020, 11:17:20 PM
You Should Have Left is an adaptation of a Daniel Kehlmann novel, written and directed by David Koepp. it's listed as Completed

looks blah. the vo from the unseen person is a grocer in the small town if it parallels the book in that regard.  there are book-to-movie changes noticeable in the trailer though

jenkins

https://www.twitter.com/handsome_pal/status/1287185719589388289

when a tweet nails what has always bothered you about a person. this same quality applies to bret easton ellis and alex ross perry as well, and it's why i think they're bad role models. any promotion of any form of bitterness is bad news

putneyswipe

Given that the film industry generally definitely doesn't have any vendettas against "visionary" straight white male filmmakers, it always seemed like maybe a personality problem

jenkins

oof it's weird to say but to be fair to bee and arp carruth is a problem on another level. the general feeling is that it was wrong of him to disclose the papers in the first place btw

jenkins

to run it through reason here:

Amy Seimetz is a person of sound mind

it was not in fact she who brought this to our attention

Shane Carruth is a person who asks for trust regarding specific perspectives

"You are Shiva, the goddess of death. I see you. I will know when it’s time for you to be done… You should be scared. You don’t know what I’m going to do… You should be scared.”

“You want to fight me? Bring it. I will kill you.”

she pleaded with him to stop contacting her ... “I know exactly where your house is… you’ll never beat me.” ... “Understand how dangerous you are making this encounter.”

and reportedly

Carruth had screamed at her repeatedly while drunk, put his hands on her, and called her a “stupid whore” and a “stupid c—.”

if he is exactly the person he says he is, it is of sound mind for there to be suspicions of "moderate to high level of threat" and possession of a “fixation” that coincides with “direct homicidal threats"

to summarize: a restraining order is reasonable if he sees it as reasonable to say outrageous things

my personal perspective: it's not my fault that he's not funny in the first place, and it's not my fault that humor never saves a bad deed anyway

jenkins

QuoteUpdate, 12 p.m. Tuesday: The hearing on the restraining order was held via telephone on Tuesday morning. Carruth dialed in and interrupted the judge at least a dozen times, even after being repeatedly admonished to be quiet. Unable to mute his line, the judge continued the hearing to Aug. 21 so that it could be held either in person or via video.

Joshua Rosenberg, Seimetz's attorney, informed the judge that Carruth had violated the order to have no contact with Seimetz 20 times since the last hearing on July 6. The judge, Commissioner Laura Cohen, advised that she could take any alleged violations to the police. The temporary restraining order remains in place until the next hearing.

Drenk

Ascension.

jenkins

https://www.twitter.com/ZingularDay/status/1287236207005532165

https://www.twitter.com/UpstreamColor/status/1288178076317229056

simply, although it's complex, to find a root problem here, the conversation is not being engaged in a rational way, and, unfortunately, he is def-def not lol

at this point it's best for me to follow this as little as i can/not at all

it is, as i would say, am saying, bad melodrama shane carruth

jenkins

jenkins

jenkins

Steven Soderbergh executive produced Bill & Ted Face the Music, which is set to be released this Friday in select theaters and PVOD

jenkins

Ben Wheatley is dopeass living the dream and i look forward to when he makes another movie i want to watch even though ughck i'm sure this is fine fine fine

WorldForgot

Quote from: jenkins on August 24, 2020, 04:25:51 PM

lol! I missed you posting this, jenks -- this event was so funny. A "virtual convention" / a very well disguised press junket. Much less crowded than ComicCon San Diego, and essentially just as effective. Well, press wise. Energy and fandom needs the room, to feel truly hype, though. Empty virtual "halls" and tiny humans are funny - not grand.