NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

picolas

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Stefen on November 14, 2007, 11:57:30 AM
I picked up Rainbow Six: Vegas (It was $20 used because I have a Gamestop card the gets me 10% off any used game) and 3mo's of XBox Live. My username is SRome if anyone wants to add me as a friend and play some NBA 2K8.

I want to get Fight Night, but I have it for PS2 and I hear it's the exact same game.

I also ordered Bioshock and The Darkness for $50 (TOTAL!) from Amazon including shipping. Great deal. Even if The Darkness sucks it'll still be great trade in value.

The game I want most is CoD 4 but I just can't justify buying it new when I can get it alot cheaper used in a couple weeks. Same with Assasins Creed.

I'm finding out the best thing about XBox is that the games have so much more to offer online. I can see buying games and not even playing the single player mode and just playing online every time. It's really worth it.

role playing games:
the elder scrolls iv: ovlivion (goty)
blue dragon

eternal sonata

first/third person shooter:
call of duty 2 and 4
rainbow 6: vegas
f.e.a.r.
graw 1 & 2
prey
the darkness
halo 3
the orange box
gears of war

action/adventure:
assasins creed
bioshock
condemned
crackdown
dead rising
stranglehold
kameo
lost planet
saints row
splinter cell: double agent

music/rhythm:
guitar hero 2 and 3

fighting:
dead or alive 4
virtua fighter 5

the games highlighted in bold would be, IMO, worth buying new

as far as high profile 360 releases by the end of the year (look for):

mass effect
rock band

Stefen

Ugh! Amazon had a deal going the last couple days where you buy Bioshock for $50 and you get The Darkness (which I heard was underrated and I used to love the comic) for free. I was going to do it yesterday but coudln't remember the zip my credit card was registered to so I had to cancel and call my bank. Today the deal is GONE!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Stefen on November 14, 2007, 11:57:30 AM
I also ordered Bioshock and The Darkness for $50 (TOTAL!) from Amazon including shipping.

I hope you find a sucker to take the Darkness from you for much at all... it really is a boring fucking game.

But Bioshock for $50 is appropriate for it new anyway, right?

Not a total loss.

Also, Viva Pinata is very addictive
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Hmm. Everything I've heard about The Darkness says it's underrated. It's like the Josie And The Pussycats of video games.

Even so, if it sucks I can trade it in and get more for it than I paid for it.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Well, it's extra violent so it's kind of cool at first, but having played it, all I can say is that it's extremely repetitive and tedious.  The whole you get your power in the darkness aspect is cool, so you have to shoot out the lights, but after a while it's like "Why am I not just playing another FPS?"
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: Raikus on November 14, 2007, 11:19:38 AM
Forget Clancy games and just get Call of Duty 4. It will satisfy your military shooter niche and has insanely great multiplayer and story.

Chest is right on his other picks (although I've never seen/heard/played Viva Pinata). I'd add The Orange Box and NHL 2008 to the list as well.

Never HEARD of Viva Pinata? Shit, where've you been? Really "cute" underappreciated god game by Rare (of Banjo Kazooie/Conker's Bad Fur Day/Goldeneye 64 fame) that is surprisingly addictive. Like I said, I don't have a 360, but around when the game came out I sat in a store playing it for a couple hours and loved it. Then sometime earlier this year Rare announced they are making a port for the DS, so I'm excited.

polkablues

So I just bought Call of Duty 4 and Assassin's Creed, and my girlfriend is gone for the week, so I pretty much haven't seen daylight in three days.   :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-thumbup:

My only disappointment is how short Call of Duty 4 is.  Fuck multiplayer.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

woo hooo! looks like my sister is giving me a wii for the christmas and we're thinking of getting the bundle that includes 5 games.

the one we're pratically getting the system for is :

we were huge fans of the first one and i was very excited when i heard there was a sequel for the wii.

the rest , i think, should be these:

but i don't know about the other two. any suggestions?
context, context, context.

Stefen

Warioware if you got friends. Can't go wrong with Resident Evil 4 if you haven't played it on Gamecube yet. Personally, it's probably the best video game I've EVER played.

Chest Rockwell

The answer is: Metroid Prime 3 and Resident Evil 4.

You were right about Mario Galaxy and Zelda (and a lot of people are pretty excited about Nights...never played the original so I don't rightly know anything about it).

Not that I even own a Wii, but I hear a lot of say.

nights was one of those lovely products that marked my childhood. it was a huge deal when it came out because it was gonna be sega's strong rival against crash bandicoot and mario 64 during the beginning of the console wars, but it ended up being a commercial failure. i had a sega saturn and only 3 or 2  games. if you look for a trailer in youtube, it'll look like the cheesiest shit ever, but it  had beautiful design in terms of level construction, up there with nintendo's best .   it's one of the most colorful games i can think of also. a true classic. :salute:

it has aged well too,
take a look at this video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wV3GPwRQNCc
context, context, context.