NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: squints on May 22, 2010, 02:47:01 PM
seriously this sounds like the best game ever. my fuckin roommate moved out with his PS3 ... so now i'm thinking of maxing out my credit card and getting a 360 and this game. Fuck you summer school!

Maybe you need the summer school more than you think if you're going to downgrade from PS3 to 360.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

I can get a 360 for about $100 cheaper than a Ps3. And i wanna play red dead redemption NOW!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

yes hillcoat is all well and good, but what i'm really enjoying are these alleged glitches that are randomly showing human/animal hybrids.. with HILARIOUS results:

i say alleged cos some nerds are saying that the dudes in the video hacked the game to make this happen. if they did, kudos, it's still very funny to see and works as a short comical version of what hillcoat is doing. and if they didn't, then my god.. it means that even when it fails, this game does not stop entertaining.. it's the game that just keeps on giving.
under the paving stones.

Pas

Quote from: P on May 27, 2010, 07:48:17 PM
yes hillcoat is all well and good, but what i'm really enjoying are these alleged glitches that are randomly showing human/animal hybrids.. with HILARIOUS results:

i say alleged cos some nerds are saying that the dudes in the video hacked the game to make this happen. if they did, kudos, it's still very funny to see and works as a short comical version of what hillcoat is doing. and if they didn't, then my god.. it means that even when it fails, this game does not stop entertaining.. it's the game that just keeps on giving.

This is too funny hahaha especially the last two, the first isn't as good.

Hahaha damn I'm giggling at work.

picolas

i just learned how to cheat at poker. it's so thrilling. i kept getting caught at this one table, and whenever someone catches you they challenge you to a duel. so i killed the first guy. then i returned to the table. the second guy caught me cheating. we went outside and i killed him. then the third. only an old man was left. finally he catches on to the fact that i may just be cheating. it's so funny how indignant he was. even though i'd clearly killed everyone who caught me cheating. and he was just this old man in baggy clothes, going "waaaait just a second!!! i am outraged!" i almost wanted to let him kill me. but nah.

red dead is pretty good too.

Pas

The Mexican part is the best time I've had so far with the game BUT it sucks a lot that you have to do missions for both sides... and that I've killed more than 800 people so far for this Bill Williamson. And I'm pretty certain that number's gonna double before the end. Can't believe I couldn't just buy off one of his guys for like 5000$ to tell me where he is. It annoys me when the story makes no god damned sense like this.

Great, great fun but Bioshock's still my favorite PS3 game.

Pas

So, you guys liked the ending to RDR?

SPOILERS of course

I didn't understand it I must say. Why kill Marston like that? I know they hinted that the gov. would need "another monster" to justify their salary but clearly Marston was no monster if you played him 100% good. There should have been two endings, really. Evil and good.

Also, the missions just before the end... oh god, how boring was that? Almost unbearable, just so boring.

I was also underwhelmed by the whole Great Plains/Tall Trees/Blackwater part of the game.

Basicaly, the missions in the first half are boring as shit but the side quests and freedom makes up for it. Then, the mexican part is awesome and just perfect. When it's done, you get in Blackwater and make boring ass missions for that anthropologist. There goes the momentum the game had built.

I must say that when John opens the doors of the barn and you get Dead Eye, man, I really thought that if I was awesome I could get them all. But no. That was fucking nice touch to give you that illusion, that desperation.

What I'm gonna do now is put a poncho on Jack and ride to mexico. Gonna kill me some soldiers and bandidos.

socketlevel

Quote from: Stefen on May 24, 2010, 04:20:54 PM
Not really.

Besides, if you're looking to play Red Dead, everyone is saying it's better on the 360 for some reason.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/05/read-dead-redemption-360-vs-ps3-our-thoughts.ars

as was fallout 3, i have both systems and will always buy a cross platform title for xbox first. PS3 is my blu ray player and PS3 only titles for the most part.
the one last hit that spent you...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I haven't played Oblivion yet, but I have friends who swear by it. 

Now that I can get it at Gamestop for like $17.99, is it worth blind buying?  Since I had so much fun with Fallout 3 (both gameplay and environment) would I enjoy Oblivion a lot as well?

Pas

You guys saw that Yoostar 2 thing they showed in E3?

It's movie Karaoke. With a green screen thingie, you'll be inserted in various classic scenes from classic movies and you'll be doing the lines etc. There's a multiplayer aspect too, so everyone plays someone.

Looks pretty insane. It's stil in pre-alpha stage, but here's a demo where Leonard Nimoy plays Terminator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD1_SpAr-tY&feature=related

socketlevel

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on June 21, 2010, 11:31:54 AM
I haven't played Oblivion yet, but I have friends who swear by it. 

Now that I can get it at Gamestop for like $17.99, is it worth blind buying?  Since I had so much fun with Fallout 3 (both gameplay and environment) would I enjoy Oblivion a lot as well?

yes, get the game of the year edition though so you don't have to go through the DLC bullshit. for that price, how could you go wrong really.
the one last hit that spent you...