Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

mogwai

Quote from: Neil on January 16, 2010, 10:24:42 PM
Quote from: Mogwai on January 16, 2010, 01:56:48 PM
Quote from: Stefen on January 07, 2010, 03:05:45 PM
^lol.

I also hear they are working on a new album. Good news.

Yeah, and it will be available only in Tibet. The rest of us will be forced to go Tibet to pay for a copy. The idea is we pay Radiohead for the plane ticket and the cd/lp/8 track and they will raking it in big time. So I fully agree Yorke & co are fucking sell outs. I know file sharing exists but it's going to be nowhere possible to rip the album into mp3's. It's because each track consists of deadly viruses that spread into the computer while being ripped. Which I think would happen anyway if you ripped any other of their albums because Radiohead suck these days.

It's people like you that make me happy that i've chosen the path known as education.

Good for you, what kind of education exactly? Listening to "Kid A" doesn't make you smarter. Over and out.

Pubrick

^lol.

Yeah, and it will be available only in Tibet. The rest of us will be forced to go Tibet to pay for a copy. The idea is we pay Radiohead for the plane ticket and the cd/lp/8 track and they will raking it in big time. So I fully agree Yorke & co are fucking sell outs. I know file sharing exists but it's going to be nowhere possible to rip the album into mp3's. It's because each track consists of deadly viruses that spread into the computer while being ripped. Which I think would happen anyway if you ripped any other of their albums because Radiohead suck these days.

It's people like you that make me happy that i've chosen the path known as education.

he was joking (brilliantly) until possibly the last four words.

you missed it.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: ρ on January 17, 2010, 03:42:19 AM
^lol.

he was joking (brilliantly) until possibly the last four words.

you missed it.

The last four was also me joking. I have to learn to use the smileys more next time. Thanks P.

Neil

Oh, sorry for "being serious."
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

a.santi

Myxo

mogwai

Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2010, 11:33:52 AM
Oh, sorry for "being serious."

That's okay, I know how you feel. I was absent from this board circa six months. I went to Tibet to find myself and met Thom Yorke. He told me to fuck off because I wasn't too serious. That short bearded fu.... anyways, that's probably why I don't care that much about 'Head these days.

My rant didn't cover any questions, I just like to ramble incoherent things just like Neil.

Neil

Funny myxo, but what did i actually do here? It was a joke.

I am certain that most of you on this board are aware that I personally am just going to listen to the music.  Not news on tibet, or whatever thom yorke and company are doing in their personal lives. Unless they are making music or being an artist in some way, if that is the case i will view the art, not its baggage(not sure if i can even consider any of your criticisms valid baggage in relation to the music but anyways).  Saying radiohead sucks these days is not something i'll let slide.  I understand "who the fuck are you?" is a valid question toward me.  But radiohead is very relevant, and if you're going to say otherwise, i need more than "i was joking about the last four words."

Basically what I'm saying is i don't have little jabs and snide remarks to make about the band members and their actions, which is made up of people i don't know whose information gets given to us via a media outlet. Real Logical fellas. Keep it up, I'll just throw on the headphones and listen to the tune. That's why i like the 'Head these days, they made a ton of great fucking music.  Over and out.

Glad i got my incoherent ramble in for the day.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pas

Quote from: Mogwai link=topic=9026.msg286331#msg286331
That's okay, I know how you feel. I was absent from this board circa six months. I went to Tibet to find myself and met Thom Yorke. He told me to fuck off because I wasn't too serious. That short bearded fu.... anyways, that's probably why I don't care that much about 'Head these days.

hahaha glad to have you back Mog

modage

For those who paid top dollar for an off-schedule show like this (Radiohead are currently sequestered in a Los Angeles recording studio working on new material), it was a loose, lively show that featured the all-band debut of a new song called "Lotus Flower," which had previously been performed live only by Yorke during solo shows. The band rolled through some of their biggest hits and crowd-pleasing favorites like "Fake Plastic Trees," "Karma Police," "Paranoid Android" and "The National Anthem." The high-profile guest list included Justin Timberlake, film director Paul Thomas Anderson, Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea and Drew Barrymore.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1630374/20100125/radiohead.jhtml
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cronopio 2

my favorite radiohead cover:

i wish there was a way of showing this to those rich assholes.

a.santi

http://reginaspektor.org/test/50-music/574-reginas-radiohead-cover-coming-to-itunes-apr-27th

no surprises again...

did you hear that radio show with thom and giles peterson?
one comment was interesting about how radiohead songs work in so many styles and have been done by many different artists of different music genres.
and its true!

bluejaytwist

watched all of it yesterday. jonny destroys bangers n mash.
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

Pubrick

Quote from: Mogwai on September 04, 2010, 04:30:39 AM
http://natalynz.free.fr/Radiohead_Prague/Main.html
Quote from: bluejaytwist on September 04, 2010, 05:49:27 AM
watched all of it yesterday. jonny destroys bangers n mash.

:yabbse-grin: So what is it exactly?

Tell me as if you're not inconsiderate cunts and you would actually want me to have some idea what the fuck is beyond that link.

You know, just pretend you're not a pair of cunts.

Just try it.
under the paving stones.