The Amazing Spider-Man

Started by MacGuffin, November 01, 2007, 12:36:55 AM

diggler

I'm in but giving myself the chance to renig if this is any good.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Stefen

Quote from: ddiggler on July 22, 2011, 06:03:14 PM

Hmm, okay, fair enough, I'll allow it, but you only get one renig.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

diggler

Quote from: S.R. on July 22, 2011, 06:14:51 PM
Quote from: ddiggler on July 22, 2011, 06:03:14 PM

Hmm, okay, fair enough, I'll allow it, but you only get one renig.

are you kidding me? this place is renig central

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

diggler

polkablues

"Renig" is not, has not been, and never will be an actual word.  Please stop using it posthaste, for the good of the language.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Renig is a common misspelling of renege. Even reneg, without the final E, is more acceptable, as it retains at the very least the same pronunciation. Renig is a completely bastardized version that doesn't even sound like the original. It would be like saying pig when you mean peg.

It's interesting that you say my spelling looks less racist, it suggests that you have not only been misspelling but mispronouncing it too. The word renege rhymes with EGG. So the noun reneger neither looks nor sounds particularly racist. It's not a matter of tomAYto tomAHto because that word is spelled the same way to both speakers, it's more like the way so many people now say simetic instead of semitic. There is a difference.

The only way you could be excused in writing renig would be if you can't tell the difference between the way peg and pig sound, that is if your accent legitimately does not distinguish between the two vowel sounds. People who talk like that are called New Zealanders.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

diggler

You're really nitpicking now.

...or as I like to say, netpecking.

pete

<cringe at myself>
nigpicking
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Jeremy Blackman

Once again, the movie will be less entertaining than this thread.

Tortuga

bluejaytwist

cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

"The Untold Story"? They really want to go there?
My house, my rules, my coffee