Loose Change - 9/11 conspiracy truth

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 16, 2006, 04:48:36 PM

hedwig

Quote from: Pubrick on March 04, 2006, 10:00:37 PM
i formally request a summary of the current state of this thread.

Everyone: There's no proof of missiles.
Jeremy Blackman: I know, I'm not saying there is.
Everyone: THERE'S NO PROOF OF MISSILES, IT HURTS YOUR ARGUMENT!
Jeremy Blackman: Again, I'm not saying there is.
Everyone: MISSILES MISSILES MISSILES!
Jeremy Blackman: sigh

Gamblour.

Good: Prompting questions, the film
Bad: missiles/pod theory, frame by frame action
Winner: Lindsay Lohan's nipple
WWPTAD?

jigzaw

Quote from: Hedwig on March 04, 2006, 10:02:42 PM

I think people are arguing with the movie, not Jeremy Blackman.  Jeremy Blackman may not say MISSILES, but the movie says MISSILES!  So we're talking MISSILES!

brockly

Quote from: jigzaw on March 05, 2006, 04:34:12 PM
Quote from: Hedwig on March 04, 2006, 10:02:42 PM

I think people are arguing with the movie, not Jeremy Blackman.  Jeremy Blackman may not say MISSILES, but the movie says MISSILES!  So we're talking MISSILES!

the movie didn't say anything about missiles

matt35mm

USA Today Article about Loose Change and its popularity.  I was interviewed for this article after we got the film screened here, as part of their look into how college students are a major factor in the film's popularity, which is the only reason why I know about the article.  (I don't fucking read USA Today, psh)

Ghostboy

They made a grammatical error in quoting you!

But that's not nearly as bad as the girl they quote in the next paragraph. I'm sure that all she had to say about the film was how hip the soundtrack was. It's like reading Fox news.

Gold Trumpet

I watched this film and was intrigued by how logical the explanations were. I then read an online paper from a credible source that argued almost everything the film said and again, I was intrigued by how logical the explanations were. The truth is I really don't know. My opinion to what happened seems less valid because I don't understand sky rise logistics and other technical things.

I prefer Farenheit 9/11. Its actual argument to an opposing history of 911 is less convincing than Loose Change but its portrait of the mindset of many Americans after 911 is fascinating and well done.

rustinglass

I saw this the other day.
I'll have to see this again someday, but I haven't got the time.
anyway this is what I think:
it is painfully obvious that no plane hit the pentagon, as it is obvious that building seven was imploded.
about the twin towers... I just don't know.those windows blowing out make a good argument but it could be anything.
there is also some other obvious bullshit: like them finding the passport of a terrorrist in the rubble and the phone calls from the planes.

I'll probably understand some more about these things a few years from now when I have my degree in civil engineering :yabbse-grin:

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

polkablues

Quote from: rustinglass on April 28, 2006, 05:33:00 PM
about the twin towers... I just don't know.those windows blowing out make a good argument but it could be anything.

The idea is that if the windows blowing out were actually the result of the floors pancaking, as we're supposed to believe, then many windows on the same floor should have been blown out at the same time, as the air would been pushed out in all directions.  Localized charges set off throughout the building, however, would have the effect that we see in the video.
My house, my rules, my coffee

xerxes

Pentagon to Release 9/11 Security Video

By ROBERT BURNS AP Military Writer
© 2006 The Associated Press

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon on Tuesday released the first video images of American Airlines Flight 77 crashing into the military headquarters building and killing 189 people in the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

The images, recorded by Pentagon security cameras outside the building, were made public in response to a December 2004 Freedom of Information Act request by Judicial Watch, a public interest group. Some still images from the video had previously been leaked and publicly circulated, but this was the first official release.The airplane is a thin white blur on the video as it slams into the Pentagon at ground level. Almost instantly a white flash and a huge orange fireball appear on the video, followed by a tower of gray-black smoke. One of the videos shows a Pentagon police car driving in the direction of the impact point shortly after the plane hit.

Traveling at an estimated 350 mph, the hijacked American Airlines plane plowed into the southwest side of the Pentagon at 9:38 a.m. EDT, shortly after two other hijacked airlines were flown into the twin towers at the World Trade Center in New York. The attack set off fires in a portion of the Pentagon and killed 125 people inside, in addition to the 59 passengers and crew and the five men who hijacked the plane at Dulles International Airport.

The Pentagon had previously refused to release the videos, saying they had been provided to the Justice Department as evidence in any criminal proceedings.

"We fought hard to obtain this video because we felt that it was very important to complete the public record with respect to the terrorist attacks of September 11," said Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch.

Cheryl Irwin, a Pentagon spokeswoman, said families of the victims of the Pentagon attack were not consulted before the videos were released on the Pentagon's Web site.

JG

What a coincidence.  In my history class, we took the AP test last week so we are pretty much done for the year, and we decided to spend the remainder of our days having socratic debates about a variety of topics.  Each student is suppose to present and supervise a socratic debate.  Me and a friend decided to do Loose Change and the role of the American Government in 9/11.  Now, I broadened the topic so that it was more encompassing -- regardless of the validity of Loose Choose, how does the Bush adminstration's response to 9/11 compare to other adminstration's response to disasters (think Johnson and the Gulf of Tonkin), and how these disasters may have provided impetus for war.  But what struck me was that there were only about 5 people out of about 25 who didn't watch the video -- my teacher included -- and they were completely irrational.  I continously explained that you have to see the video otherwise it just seems like some ludicrous liberal propogana, and the film's thesis is not that "this is what happened," but rather "this is what might have happened, and we don't have answers."  All the doubters would start off by saying, "well, this is just so stupid.  I'm insulted we're having this debate.  The president would never do this!  Now, I didn't see the video, but..." etc. 

I brought up that the most notable thing, to me anyways, was that we had no surveillance video of the Pentagon crash when clearly several videos exist, and, well, there yah go!

RegularKarate

Quote from: JG on May 16, 2006, 03:28:50 PM
I brought up that the most notable thing, to me anyways, was that we had no surveillance video of the Pentagon crash when clearly several videos exist, and, well, there yah go!

we do now.. it was released today.... now you look like a douche.

hedwig

Quote from: RegularKarate on May 16, 2006, 11:07:48 PM
Quote from: JG on May 16, 2006, 03:28:50 PM

we do now.. it was released today.... now you look like a douche.
nah, JG's only error was citing the lack of footage as being "the most notable thing" when it was really just one suspicious, unanswered question among dozens that remain.

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah, take a look at the videos.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/flight77.shtml

Oops, still no plane.

There is something visible in one frame of each video, but doesn't it seem just a bit too small and narrow to be the nose of that airplane? In fact, isn't this more evidence that a missile was in fact used? Seriously... missile or nose of a plane? I'd say missile.

It's funny how Judicial Watch themselves say it puts rest to the "conspiracy theories." And the BBC just reported (accurately) that the videos don't actually show the airplane.

RegularKarate

haha... JB, you crack me up sometimes... you keep reaching for that rainbow.