Loose Change - 9/11 conspiracy truth

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 16, 2006, 04:48:36 PM

Gamblour.

Quote from: Hedwig on February 22, 2006, 07:34:31 PM
Quote from: hacksparrow on February 22, 2006, 07:25:25 PM
But the skeptic in me keeps thinking, if the government can't respond to a fucking hurricane in a major city fast enough, how the hell are they going to pull off something like this?

the two missions are motivated by completely different forces.

But Spike Lee is doing a doc on the govt's involvement with Katrina.

Also, this doc is mind blowing.
WWPTAD?

hedwig

Quote from: Gamblour le flambeur on February 22, 2006, 10:46:08 PM
Quote from: Hedwig on February 22, 2006, 07:34:31 PM
Quote from: hacksparrow on February 22, 2006, 07:25:25 PM
But the skeptic in me keeps thinking, if the government can't respond to a fucking hurricane in a major city fast enough, how the hell are they going to pull off something like this?

the two missions are motivated by completely different forces.

oh i meant that the government's refusal (or 'inability') to provide adequate help to the people during Katrina is the result of a different problem (related to race and class, specifically) not simply incompetence, and doesn't detract from my belief in their alleged ability to concoct a scheme as complex as the one exposed in Loose Change.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Gamblour le flambeur on February 22, 2006, 10:46:08 PM

Do you have a link to anything on that?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jigzaw

Does the film ever address where the hell the planeloads of people who "didn't" fly into the buildings are?

Ravi

Quote from: jigzaw on February 24, 2006, 05:10:22 PM
Does the film ever address where the hell the planeloads of people who "didn't" fly into the buildings are?

Wizard did it.

polkablues

You could always watch it yourself and find out, rather than being willfully and obnoxiously ignorant.
My house, my rules, my coffee

jigzaw

I hate Bush, but another "I hate Bush" doc by college students doesn't sound real appealing.

polkablues

Quote from: jigzaw on February 24, 2006, 06:38:55 PM
I hate Bush, but another "I hate Bush" doc by college students doesn't sound real appealing.

Please watch the movie.  It goes far beyond what you think it is.

jigzaw

Quote from: polkablues on February 24, 2006, 06:03:49 PM

You could always watch it yourself and find out, rather than being willfully and obnoxiously ignorant.

I'm always respectful on boards, but frankly, you don't have the slightest fucking idea about my level of ignorance or knowledge about anything.  UFO dudes will also call you ignorant for not buying their abduction stories.  So, the whole world, including Bin Laden and Al Jazeera and the entire American media are in on the conspiracy to help Bush destroy the U.S., but three dudes in a dorm figured out the secrets of the universe?  Cool.

polkablues

Quote from: jigzaw on February 24, 2006, 06:43:20 PM
Quote from: polkablues on February 24, 2006, 06:03:49 PM

I'm always respectful on boards, but frankly, you don't have the slightest fucking idea about my level of ignorance or knowledge about anything.  UFO dudes will also call you ignorant for not buying their abduction stories.  So, the whole world, including Bin Laden and Al Jazeera and the entire American media are in on the conspiracy to help Bush destroy the U.S., but three dudes in a dorm figured out the secrets of the universe?  Cool.

I wasn't calling you ignorant as a person.  I was just referring to that single post, which made a snide dismissal of a film you know nothing about because you haven't seen it.  Watch the damn movie.

Pubrick

jigzaw, what the fuck dude? you replied once reasonably under polka's post and then again 4 minutes later in a completely crazy way. did it take you 4 mins to misunderstand what he was saying?

polka was right to say you should watch the movie yourself. you're asking for a third-hand account to justify what you already think isn't worth a damn.. yeah as stupid as that sounds, that's what you're doing. either watch it or shut the hell up. oh, and try to reply only once to things.. tell that second personality of yours that once is enough.
under the paving stones.

jigzaw

Watched it, and found it laughable.  The dudes are clearly devoted, but this is juvenalia, and not very convincing.  Their evidence has more holes and leaps of faith than the official story.  I wouldn't even know where to start... a shaky tripod??  I blow on my tripod and it shakes.  Bin Laden saying he would never kill innocent people?  There are hours of footage of him from before the attacks explaining why American citizens are legitimate targets and not innocent people.  Anyway, whatever. 

kotte

Quote from: jigzaw on February 25, 2006, 04:06:25 PM
I blow on my tripod and it shakes.

Yeah...and it's amazing how it also shakes things off buildings...

hedwig

Quote from: jigzaw on February 25, 2006, 04:06:25 PM
Watched it, and found it laughable.  The dudes are clearly devoted, but this is juvenalia, and not very convincing.  Their evidence has more holes and leaps of faith than the official story.  I wouldn't even know where to start... a shaky tripod??  I blow on my tripod and it shakes.  Bin Laden saying he would never kill innocent people?  There are hours of footage of him from before the attacks explaining why American citizens are legitimate targets and not innocent people.  Anyway, whatever. 

You're only addressing some of the movie's minor points. Try to refute the controlled demolition evidence, the absence of preventive fighter jets, the Pentagon hoax...