A Scanner Darkly

Started by MacGuffin, May 04, 2004, 04:19:44 AM

Redlum

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=20725

The character posters show at this link are fantastic. Winona looks especially beautiful in this film.

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

QuoteTotal budget, including animation and actor's salaries on A SCANNER DARKLY is $8 million.

:yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup:
context, context, context.

Redlum

Yeah. No frills production. I read a report of someone who commented on how shabby the raw DV footage looked. No hair and makeup for the actors etc. I would expect that all the pieces of featured technology in the film were just basic props for guiding the animators on placement.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Ultrahip

Pubrick

Quote from: aint it cool-"We have boobies and frontal" was said by one of the animators in regards to the rating of the movie. This was greeted by much applause.
Quote from: Ultrahip Lobster SupperWino Forever.
Quote from: cronopio:yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-thumbup:
under the paving stones.

killafilm

Anyone have $11,000 to splurge with?

http://www01.charityfolks.com/cfauctions/auction_bid.asp?AuctionID=1156&catname=The%20American%20Red%20Cross%20Disaster%20Relief%20Auction

Man is this going to be great.  I was siked by the trailer.  But I hadn't read the book yet.  Now that I have this is easily my most looked forward to movie.  Ryder seems like the perfect Donna, and Robert Downy Jr. as Barris is just incredible.  I don't mind Keanu that much, but I think someone like say, Sam Rockwell, could be an amazing Arctor.  Everythings pointing to greatness.

Sunrise

The following is a quote from today's Green Cine Daily blog:

"And finally for now, I'm going to be ridiculously irresponsible (but you know, life is short) and pass along an unsubstantiated rumor: Radiohead may be this close to signing on to do a new score for Richard Linklater's A Scanner Darkly. Even if that turns out not to be true, in some parallel universe, that film is screening and it sounds lovely."

Does anyone else have info on this rumor? Sounds like a stretch.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Sunrise on December 11, 2005, 06:10:51 PM
The following is a quote from today's Green Cine Daily blog:

"And finally for now, I'm going to be ridiculously irresponsible (but you know, life is short) and pass along an unsubstantiated rumor: Radiohead may be this close to signing on to do a new score for Richard Linklater's A Scanner Darkly. Even if that turns out not to be true, in some parallel universe, that film is screening and it sounds lovely."

Does anyone else have info on this rumor? Sounds like a stretch.

They've always expressed interest to do a score. It's also too trendy for me to believe automatically.

Myxo

(This off www.ateaseweb.com) Can't wait for this film. More info below..

According to MoviesOnline.ca, Radiohead have been approached for doing the score for the Scanner Darkly film:

The movie is doing very well in test screenings, but the #1 complaint audiences have is with the score. So I can only tell you this anonymously, but the producers have approached RADIOHEAD about doing a new score for the film and it looks like everything is going to go through.

So in addition to an awesome animated Phillip K. Dick film, we will have a brand new Radiohead score to look forward to. as far as I know, this is the first time Radiohead has ever done a score for the film. While this is still a "rumor" at this time, I would give it a 99% accuracy rating at this point.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Myxo on December 14, 2005, 07:15:20 AM
the producers have approached RADIOHEAD about doing a new score for the film and it looks like everything is going to go through.

I just peed a little.

Myxo

:yabbse-sad:

As reported earlier, Radiohead were asked to do the score of the animated Phillip K. Dick film 'A Scanner Darkly'. However, an official source says Radiohead were indeed approached to record the music for Richard Linklater's film, but the band are not doing it, because Radiohead are recording their new album.

Pozer

I'd bet against it.

edit: and I'd be a winner if I was 30 seconds quicker.

grand theft sparrow

72teeth

pee just went back in my wiener a little...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

matt35mm

But, we know, however, that the fact that they ASKED Radiohead to do the score means that this will be a badass movie.  So Radiohead couldn't do it, but we know now that Linklater is looking specifically for "badassness."

I'm sure whoever does the music will be badass.

That would have been awesome, though.